Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Horizontal Vu meters !

For general discussion related FlowStone

Horizontal Vu meters !

Postby digital coconut » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Honorable noble gentlemen and members of this "fraternity" that they publicly call the Flowstone Forum
but for me it is the world center of global information (of which I am very proud to be a part!) about the functionality of the almost legendary Flowstone software!
I even come to your dignified presence with a question!
How to make the stock meter Db stay horizontal? Is it through Ruby settings? Which command lines do I have to change? Or is it impossible to do that?
Thank you again, honorable ones ... :mrgreen:
Attachments
meter vertical to horizontal 2.JPG
meter vertical to horizontal 2.JPG (169.51 KiB) Viewed 10294 times
Meter vertical to horizontal 1.JPG
Meter vertical to horizontal 1.JPG (50.05 KiB) Viewed 10294 times
digital coconut

Re: Horizontal Vu meters !

Postby Duckett » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:47 pm

w= width

h= height

I've never tried to "draw" things in Ruby, but I'm going to guess that if you switch the values for width and height, you will have yourself a horizontal slider.

Try reading through this thread here and see if that helps for making your own sliders.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby digital coconut » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Mr Duckett, I tried, I was changing and replacing values ​​in Ruby and experimenting ... the meter almost became a spaceship and nothing to mark the movement horizontally ... :?
digital coconut

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:24 am

Of course a Ruby expert would simply re-jig the code, but it’s not so simple for most us.

So my “cheat” method is to use the Rotate View prim. This will rotate the view to any angle, as in the schematic. The tricky part is working out the 2 origins, so I use knobs to be quick and easy and then just set the values accordingly (because I like an easy life!).

The schematic also has a nice horizontal Vu meter (which is not mine) with a peak hold display.
Attachments
Horizontal vu .fsm
FS 3.06
(377.17 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
Spogg

Postby digital coconut » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:54 pm

Fantastic solution and thanks for sharing this horizontal Vu meter ... :P
I had searched the whole forum for days and there was only 1 post related to Vu meter horizontal, and here comes the solution!
Ruby really has to be well studied ... Thanks again and I just have to thank, (me and all other people who were looking for the solution). :geek:
digital coconut

Return to General