Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Phidget examples

For general discussion related FlowStone

Phidget examples

Postby Asbjørn » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi
Could you make some more Phidget examples please? I'm having a hard time connecting the Inverse kinematics example with the Phidget Advanced Servo Controller.

Also, would be nice if you could make an example on how to interface a IP Camera and display video.

Thanks.
Asbjørn

Re: Phidget examples

Postby reed.copsey » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:10 am

I second this post. Also hope there will be support for other Phidget boards like RELAYs to control higher power devices.

Video is important to me also.
reed.copsey

Postby admin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:01 pm

FYI FlowStone supports ALL of the Phidgets boards already!

Yes that's everything, digital in, digital out, analogue in, relays, gyros, LEDs, LCD, touch, motor control, rc servo, etc.etc.

We make some new phidgets examples next week :)
admin
Site Admin

Postby Asbjørn » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Sounds good! :D

And as reed.copsey mentions, video is important. It's great that you support MJPEG from IP-cameras, but it would be even greater if you could support H.264 from IP-cameras.
Very few cameras support full HD resolution at 24 or 30 fps when using MJPEG, I've only found a couple from Axis, and they are $1000+. If you could implement support for H.264, we can use almost any IP-camera.
Asbjørn

Postby admin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm

FYI FlowStone Pro supports H264 already :)

So yes you can use H264 IP CCTV cameras
admin
Site Admin

Postby dineshlakshmanan » Tue May 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi all,

I have heard flowstone works for Phidgets. I am using phidgets spatial 3/3/3 Model no : 1056. My idea is to interface 4 web cameras to the phidgets in order to measure the angle for each cameras while it is rolling on a cylinder. I will be connected to VLC player to view the streaming of cameras. Then I should use image processing techniques to form a single stream panaromic image as output from the 4 web cameras. Can anyone give me a suggestion if this will work out using Flowstone?

Waiting for a reply

Thanks in Advance
dineshlakshmanan

Postby DSP » Tue May 03, 2011 10:26 pm

dineshlakshmanan wrote:Hi all,

I have heard flowstone works for Phidgets. I am using phidgets spatial 3/3/3 Model no : 1056. My idea is to interface 4 web cameras to the phidgets in order to measure the angle for each cameras while it is rolling on a cylinder. I will be connected to VLC player to view the streaming of cameras. Then I should use image processing techniques to form a single stream panoramic image as output from the 4 web cameras. Can anyone give me a suggestion if this will work out using Flowstone?

The Phidgets spatial 3/3/3 works great in flowstone, you can also handle the webcam video too (FlowStone has VLC build in). Here's an example of adding four video steams into one. In this case the same stream delayed to illustrate the code.
Attachments
bitmap manipulation.fsm
Video Manipulation
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 1422 times
DSP

Postby dineshlakshmanan » Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 am

DSP wrote:
dineshlakshmanan wrote:Hi all,

I have heard flowstone works for Phidgets. I am using phidgets spatial 3/3/3 Model no : 1056. My idea is to interface 4 web cameras to the phidgets in order to measure the angle for each cameras while it is rolling on a cylinder. I will be connected to VLC player to view the streaming of cameras. Then I should use image processing techniques to form a single stream panoramic image as output from the 4 web cameras. Can anyone give me a suggestion if this will work out using Flowstone?

The Phidgets spatial 3/3/3 works great in flowstone, you can also handle the webcam video too (FlowStone has VLC build in). Here's an example of adding four video steams into one. In this case the same stream delayed to illustrate the code.

@ DSP --> thanks for your reply. Its sounds impressing from your reply. Can you guide me how to start using the Flowstone? I have following clarification,

1.In this, how phidgets and flowstone will be interfaced with respect to my work?

2. Because in my work, I need to calculate Acceleration, angles of the camera which is streaming. So all these has to be manipulated using phidgets spatial. Based on this , I can generate a specific portion of a stream while cylinder is rolling. Based on the gyro, develop a formula to calculate how many lines we have to take from camera X and how many from camera Y. Lines(X) + Lines(Y) = 320 (or 640, depending on the target image size) .

3. Have you come across this kind of scenario anywhere?....if so can you please share, it will be helpful for my reference.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks in Advance!!!!
dineshlakshmanan

Postby DSP » Thu May 05, 2011 12:40 pm

So what will be your RPM?

Web cams are quite slow exposure wise so you could get a blurred image.

1) The Phidgets board is just a USB connection, the Spacial 3/3/3 is just a module already available in FlowStone so all of the real time value just come out of the module as Floats for you to process. ( I made a mini balancing Segway using the 3/3/3 + the PID algorithm - worked well).

2) Once you have captured you image as a bit map in FlowStone you can crop it and add the parts together, then send it to an onscreen display windows.

3) No...
DSP

Return to General