Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

May I ...?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: May I ...?

Postby adamszabo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Tom can you summarize what exactly you need help with and I can try to explain the way I have learned dsp.
adamszabo

Postby nix » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 am

Tulamide mate,
you are more intelligent than me,
so I thought I couldn't help.
Five 10 hour days are pledged by me.
PM if like and tell me what I should do.

Thanks so much for my Ruby MIDI mono mode again.
nix

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby BobF » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello MICHAELBENJAMIN,

I think I agree with Tulamide, he`s asking for assembly coded and optimized modules that were never supplied by the developers (or better ones). Is this NOT exactly what the forum is about! Asking for help, supplying help, sharing creations, and so on. I myself and others have done it many times. I myself usually just email or pm the individual directly to ask for something. Tulamide just did it publicly on the forum. I see no problem in doing so!

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:44 pm

@tulamide
I feel very sorry that you feel let down my friend. If I were capable of supplying your exact envelope needs I would definitely do so.
However I found the attached DAHDSR envelope which was inside the Analogue Kit, which I believe was originally made by MyCo. It's not optimised and it's linear, but maybe it's a start...?

If I can offer any help that's within my capabilities please just ask.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
DAHDSR dsp code.fsm
(8.72 KiB) Downloaded 893 times
Spogg

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby BobF » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi gang,

Since it's been asked for assembly coded and optimized modules in this post, how many here know assembly language well?

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tulamide » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:25 am

In this thread I obviously turned to those with knowledge in DSP code and Assembler. Nobody should feel addressed, if that is not the case.

I think what disappoints me the most is the double standards. As a guy who has provided months of work hours to help other people it's hurting to read something like that:
wanting your whole laundry list made from scratch by your vague specification handed to you on a golden optimised platter

This is now the second time being accused of a lazy ass. Heading that towards one of the most active members on this forum is very unfair to say the least. But let's ignore the passive aggressiveness for a while. Then it is indeed exactly what I expect!

I get the same vague specifications from the guys seeking help with Ruby. And none of them wants me to teach them Ruby. They want a solution. They want a module that does what they want, without having to learn programming in Ruby. And that's exactly what they get from me. And now, for the first time ever in years, I ask to give back the favor. And what happens?

TheOm helped me. He did, what I was expecting, and he did it without making accusations. He just helped. And probably saw it in the sportsman's way: As a challenge that he accepted and mastered.

The rest is silence. Nobody else chimed in. On the contrary, it is tried to make a difference between Ruby help and DSP help. Ruby? Yeah, ask tulamide, he'll do it. That idiot. DSP? Making DSP code for some one else??? No way!

When somebody was looking for a versatile list item, I progammed it. 4 work days. When somebody was looking for an automatic file list reader, I programmed it. 2 work days. When somebody asked for buttons, switches, sliders, midi tools - I programmed them. None of the requests were private. They all were posted here on the forums - and I shared my work here on the forums. Because I think that's what these forums are for.

But asking to return the favour leads to silence and ignorance. tulamide needs help? Give him some tips so that he may program it himself, that should be enough, even though he stated that he can't. I won't spend my precious time programming it for him. That's only for the Ruby guys, not for us priviledged DSP guys.

It amazes me how some one can speak of a standard envelope as a simple thing to program, but at the same time, instead of doing so, wasting his time making two posts about how lazy I am that I don't do it myself.

I wonder how you will react, when your doctor next time says that you have to do the surgery on your own - but he will provide you with some tips.

There are a lot of thoughts in my mind that I won't write down. It's about angriness, disappointment, sadness and disillusion.

To answer my own question from the very start of this thread: No, I may not.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:15 am

Hi T,

I think we'd find only a few visiting members here that have enough RUBY knowledge to offer help. Quite likely, many LESS, who could provide DSP.

I, for one, would not be helpful in either, and have appreciated the kind help I've been given. Some of that 'help' has been referring me to some RUBY dedicated sites. Basically forcing myself though things I didn't even know to look for ... but not entirely wasteful. If I only came back with an example that didn't quite work with FS's RUBY, it did help to move to further help/solution.

Clearly, no one here was trying to be mean to You. What the point in that. Most already know you and your participation here.

2. I all honesty, even with ALL the help I've personally received [or gained from other's threads], there is no way I think I have enough understanding to be helpful to most others. It is a true JOY for me, for the few rare times I've actually been able to help with a FS question.

3. There MUST be specific website for DSP, that have a full member of those that work that area [I've see them myself]. We, what, but maybe a handful that view the FS site. I think there is a misunderstanding in what has been suggested to resource those sites.

just my 1/2 cent.

Continued thanks to all. 8-)
RJHollins

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:51 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

PreviousNext

Return to General