Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Graphical drop-down selector

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Graphical drop-down selector

Postby HughBanton » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:15 am

Oddly I can't replicate what we both think happened! This one seems to be fine, knobs work completely independently ..

GraphicOverlayTest.fsm
(220.53 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

Good news for the project in hand .. not so good for your & my advancing memory errr whatsitcalled :lol:

Or maybe what we both reckon we encountered previously was different to this, course it was.

H
HughBanton

Postby HughBanton » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:19 am

tulamide wrote:Hugh, regarding setShowInParent, it is (as far as I know) only active in FS4. I thought you were using the latter, sorry for confusion!

Yes, I invariably do use FS4. But I haven't managed to make setShowInParent work - any clues regarding the syntax/usage?

Thanks

H
HughBanton

Postby HughBanton » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:22 am

PS .. and of course my failing memory jibe was only aimed at Spogg & Me, not any of you youngsters out there :lol: :lol:
HughBanton

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:28 pm

HughBanton wrote:Oddly I can't replicate what we both think happened! This one seems to be fine, knobs work completely independently ..

The attachment GraphicOverlayTest.fsm is no longer available

Good news for the project in hand .. not so good for your & my advancing memory errr whatsitcalled :lol:

Or maybe what we both reckon we encountered previously was different to this, course it was.

H

Your example makes use of selectors and other things, that might be a workaround (I have to spend time with it first). Try mine, it is just two rectangles (both black at the start). When clicking on the background one, only that will randomly change color. When clicking on the smaller foreground one, both change color randomly.
Attachments
click-through.fsm
(536 Bytes) Downloaded 372 times
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:50 pm

Regarding setShowInParent I investigated the code base. Although both methods (setShowInParent and setViewSize) are described on page 172 of the user manual, they are removed from the View class in FS4. Not a hint of them, they were not even just made private.
That is very sad.

3.06 never had them, and I think they were introduced with 3.0.8.x (but nobody should seriously work with those versions).

So now we're back to square one. Well. You found a non-Ruby way, so everything's fine, I guess?
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby HughBanton » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:17 pm

So, not my finest hour, but this does at least provide a working start point I think ...

graphic_drop_down.fsm
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 369 times

And it's actually a 'drop-sideways' selector, like you always wanted. (Sorry, it just came out that way :oops: )

The logic is not ideal, doesn't quite behave like the traditional drop-down list yet. Maybe someone can tidy it up if they feel enthused.

Another next step to replace the instant graphics with a bit-map bar which can be indexed, same as the way the toolbox multi-colour LED works. I'm sure there's a neat Ruby method out there for most of this ...

Hugh
HughBanton

Postby HughBanton » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:29 pm

A better one. More work to do but at least this now functions just like a toolbox drop-down list.

2 main changes : I added 'mouseMove' so you can hover without selecting, and hence 'Select' now toggles the list.
graphic_drop_down_v2.fsm
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 380 times

I'll get round to a bitmap version eventually!

H
HughBanton

Postby Tepeix » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:14 pm

Was also trying to make one.. With not much advancement..

Finally i go for another concept. No more drop-down window.
But a stepped X/Y scroll bitmap.

For now there's no preset save inside, and the bitmap must be 48pixels multiple.
Also it's in green module.
Attachments
Graphic Selector XY Scroll.fsm
(90.07 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Tepeix

Postby Tepeix » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:48 pm

A little upgrade to the bitmap scroll.
Now it works with preset. (but i never find a way to make works the default value..)
And the size more easily configurable.
(some fast made decoration just to see it in some context)
Attachments
Graphic Selector XY Scroll v3.fsm
(122.2 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Tepeix

Postby HughBanton » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:45 pm

I've done some more, made bitmap & Ruby graphic versions which work rather well .. except ...

Found it all a bit daunting converting to 3.06, so (apologies) I've just posted it over on Discord instead :oops:

The mouse 'transparency' problem still exists, where you sometimes end up adjusting more than you bargained for.

Which is a major snag - would love to find a solution.

H
HughBanton

PreviousNext

Return to General