Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Help. Selector not obeying index input

For general discussion related FlowStone

Help. Selector not obeying index input

Postby chjan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:10 pm

I have a selector subject to a simple true/false signal, but as the snapshot illustrates, the selector refuses to make the switch. You see FALSE is coming in (from a user gui toggle button), while the bolean variable is still at TRUE, hence the selector is not triggered.

If I add a 25 ticker to the index input of the selector, it works.
It also works when the state is FALSE, and the user make a change to TRUE, but TRUE to FALSE transition is the problem. It does not work.

I cannot remember having seen this behaviour before, so:

What are the complete set of possible reasons for this to happen?
As a remedy, how to scrupolously fire a trigger to the selector when the boolean changes?

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 18.04.58.png
Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 18.04.58.png (66.89 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
chjan

Re: Help. Selector not obeying index input

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:05 pm

chjan, it is hard to tell only from the screenshot. As I understand it, connectors may have a state but it will only propagate to the next module or prim if there is a trigger. (There are downstream and upstream triggers! :o :? ). We would need a relevant part of the schematic to see why apparently there is a trigger for FALSE to TRUE transitions but not in the opposite case.

Oh, and since this is about FS alpha, better post it on Slack or Discord. ;)
martinvicanek

Return to General