Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

[Off Topic] Second Coming of the Great Prophet Zarquon, AKA Trog

For general discussion related FlowStone

[Off Topic] Second Coming of the Great Prophet Zarquon, AKA Trog

Postby billv » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:47 am

Trog.. :o it's great to see you back,, :D this joint is not the same without your caveman avatar... :lol:
billv

Re: proper resync plus offset?

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:18 pm

:shock:
:D
RJHollins

Re: [Off Topic] Second Coming of the Great Prophet Zarquon,

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome back. Hope you are all well and enjoying your FlowStoning.

I should know better than to give in to nostalgia and start lurking - the old reflexes kick in whether I want them to or not (i.e. spouting excessive SM ancient lore [and hilarious, erm... jokes?] in response to someone puzzling over an age old problem, the answers to which have countless times been eaten by the dreaded Forum Search Engine Demons!)

However, I an now asking myself whether I possess some kind of supernatural sixth sense of which I wasn't previously aware. Upon a gentle nudge from Spogg to also check Slack, I discover that the forum (and my ban-hammer) are finally to be laid to rest very soon. It seems this visit is maybe a farewell re-union for this rattly old place - which kinda makes me feel somewhat wistful, if not quite as fumingly irate as it did the last time (when the SM forum was sent to silicon heaven).

Hence the thread title - a reference to (as many of you probably don't need telling) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe from Douglas Adams' Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy (of five books)...

"A big hand, ladies and gentlemen" [...] "for the Great Prophet Zarquon! He has come! Zarquon has come again!"
Zarquon coughed. He peered around at the assembled gathering. The stars in his eyes twinkled uneasily. He handled the microphone with confusion.
"Er" he said, "hello. Er, look, I'm sorry I'm a bit late. I've had the most ghastly time, all sorts of things cropping up at the last moment."
He seemed nervous of the expectant awed hush. He cleared his throat.
"Er, how are we for time?" he said. "Have I just got a min-"
And so the Universe ended.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:22 pm

You have been missed TROG.

I hope that you can post in from time to time [Jokes are always welcomed] :lol:

Take Care ... All the Best ! :mrgreen:
RJHollins

Postby billv » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:14 pm

trogluddite wrote: Upon a gentle nudge from Spogg to also check Slack, I discover that the forum (and my ban-hammer) are finally to be laid to rest very soon. It seems this visit is maybe a farewell re-union for this rattly old place - which kinda makes me feel somewhat wistful, if not quite as fumingly irate as it did the last time (when the SM forum was sent to silicon heaven).
[/i]

So does that mean "slack" will be killed and FS4 moves to this site :D ....or the other way around.. :? :?
Please explain as I can't access this slack world....

asking myself whether I possess some kind of supernatural sixth sense of which I wasn't previously aware

Sounds like your standard "7th" sense kicking in...or, your Feng Shui starts talking to you..like an Acid Trip :lol: :lol:
billv

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:14 pm

billv wrote:So does that mean "slack" will be killed and FS4 moves to this site :D ....or the other way around.. :? :?

No. :?

As I understand it, pretty much the whole shebang is moving to Discord (about which I know very little except that it appears at first glance akin to one of them there new-fangled "social media platforms" that I hear are all the rage these days, yet with a bafflingly anti-social sounding name). Both Slack and this site will then ascend to silicon heaven - though with the intent that as much content as possible (from here at least) will remain available read-only. However, that's with the caveat that this is all new and sudden to me, and only very recently mooted, so I may have got some wires crossed - hopefully someone more in-the-loop will be able to disambiguate so that no-one gets unexpectedly cast adrift.

billv wrote:your Feng Shui

Ah yes, the subtle Chinese art of bringing good fortune to one's abode by the reckless placement of untidy piles of scrap paper, half-drunk mugs of coffee, chocolate bar wrappers, underwear of questionable hygiene, and biscuit crumbs, guided by the Tao of the spiderwebs in the corners. Hmm, now that I think about it, I managed to quit smoking a while ago - maybe the absence of ash and strands of baccy all over my keyboard has upset the Yin or the Yang somehow?! :lol:

RJHollins wrote:I hope that you can post in from time to time [Jokes are always welcomed]

Well (subject to the above), there aren't many places that'll tolerate my in[s]anity; and I have missed the bonhomie around here. I don't have much of a musical or DSP muse lately, but the whole 15 odd years I've been involved, it's always been a harmonious and light-hearted little corner of the internet compared to most. Hopefully our new home will retain a touch of Ye Olde Lyghtning Pow'r'd Nerde Sancturie about it and I'll still be able to get away with posting drunk once in a while!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby billv » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:42 am

Thanks Trog for your explanation. I tried Discord..the exe download failed on my XP platform...
so I tried the browser version...and it goes nowhere..to a page that promotes it's features..and nothing else..
So I then switched to a Galaxy Tab...got it up and running..but typing "Flowstone" into the search bar ...nothing..
Gave up soon after...a doomed relationship... :roll:
billv

Postby RJHollins » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:49 am

I share the 'temporary escape' that I drift too here in FlowStone.

I'm not one to do 'vacations', or veg out on the TV [though I have binge on UT tutorials and such].

It's just good to find a different focus ... heck ... started learning to play Bass Guitar :shock: My Guitar buddy is heavy into Jazz Standards [and Beatle tunes] ... so I'm there, yankin' away at strings. it's fun ... considering most of the gigging jobs I did [playing drums] are still slim. Several groups have fallen apart ... while some Players still don't want to mingle on the gig scene. Fortunately the Mastering scene has really picked up ... that I do enjoy.

I tinker from time to time with Flowstone ... but I mostly watch for the conversation, projects, and 'tutorial'/education that gets posted. call me a nerd ....... [been called much worse :lol: ]

As for the possible 'Social Media platform' ... hmmmmmmmm, I've only been on forums. NO social media ... crap.

Maybe Elon will change my mind ... will see. I did have to join this thing called 'Telegram', as part of a beta-testing group [that looks to be very direct and focused on the special task at hand ... good so far].

well ... my break time is over for the moment. Lets see what we shall see 8-)
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:45 pm

billv wrote:Gave up soon after...a doomed relationship...

All may not be lost just yet. Recent Slack posts suggest that (a) the Discord thingie may (temporarily?) be invitation-only and will shortly be browser-compatible linked from somewhere here, and (b) that even PocketHAL(tm) acolytes are having a few teething troubles, possibly just because DSPr are still tinkering with the setup. Fingers, toes, and other prehensile appendages firmly crossed! :?

RJHolllins wrote:hmmmmmmmm, I've only been on forums. NO social media ... crap

Yes, I feel the same way. I've even ditched some forums that I used to enjoy because they too far succumbed to the impatient competitive soundbiting that more recent platforms seem to [have been designed to!] encourage in people. Suggestions that I "download an app for that" are met with my best grumpy old-fart scowl and vigorous pointing at Ye Olde Groats-upon-Usage Luminiferous Ether Worde & Speking Portal (itself only used under extreme duress - should I ever have access to a time-machine, I'll be off to have a few choice words with Alexander Graham Bell, possibly combined with some recreational laboratory sabotage! :twisted: ).

RJHollins wrote:I'm not one to do 'vacations', or veg out on the TV [though I have binge on UT tutorials and such] [...] started learning to play Bass Guitar

Careful now - it sounds like you're turning into me! If you find yourself spending more and more time wearing your house slippers and dressing gown ("bathrobe" to them folks that use "bathroom" for rooms containing toilets but not baths - weird!), or craving pickled onion flavour Monster Munch(tm) corn snacks (may only be available in establishments serving sublime delicacies from Britain's internationally-reknowned fine cuisine), or (and this is the most telling symptom) inserting [a quite frankly ridiculous number of] parenthetical asides into your (or anyone else's) forum posts, get yourself to a doctor sharpish! :shock: :lol:
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:35 pm

Welcome back.
I'm glad there's now a second Ruby-related-questions-answering-machine again :lol:
Oh, and you missed my first (irl) heart attack. Severe, but all went well. Stent in my heart a second follows in a few days - probably.

And a confession: Everytime I answer to a Ruby question, I -no joke- ask myself, if you'd agree to what I write. In rare cases I was unsure and left it as written. But when the answer is a clear "no", I go back to the start and do it better.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Next

Return to General