Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Beat Repeater Module?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Beat Repeater Module?

Postby yzhk » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:47 pm

Hello! I'm just starting out with flowstone. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on constructing a beat repeater in flowstone? Similar in functionality to the beat repeaters in Ableton and Reason? I've messed around a fair bit with the built in echo and delay modules, and also picked apart a few looper modules I've found on this forum, but I'm missing the last step.
Essentially I need a delay that gates on, loops for a variable amount of time, and resets and clears out the audio when the gate is released.
Unfortunately I can't use the kill audio module, as my vst will be playing back other sounds at the same time as this beat repeater. Is there any way to locally kill audio within a module and not have it effect everything?
Thanks so much! Can't wait to share the finished vst when it's done!
~yzhk (i'm the xbox controller breakcore guy on tiktok if you're on that site)
yzhk

Beat Repeater Resolved

Postby yzhk » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:28 am

I found a way. It's not very eloquent but it gets the job done. I will share so no one else will have to go through the pain of figuring it out.

To solve the issue of selectively clearing the audio cache, I exploited either a feature (or a bug) in flowstone that resets the audio going through a module when a selector changes its input. When the repeater is off, I switch out its input for .01 of a second to clear the delay. This allows me to use multiple beat repeaters in the same module at once.

Have fun including glitchy beat repeaters in your flowstone projects!
Attachments
yzhk beat repeater.fsm
(845 Bytes) Downloaded 287 times
yzhk

Return to General