Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

Postby Tepeix » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:11 pm

With the MV dezipper it works.
(Don't understand why.. i take this one because it's editable, but there's nothing to edit for this.)
But i'm not sure if you want a slow ramp like an envelope/lfo controller that only goes up.
Or more an osc that is a saw, but with less harmonics..

(Note that this slow ramp will work differently if there's no envelope connected.
It will reset to 0 when the note is not hold. But with an envelope connected somewhere it reset to 0 when the note end)
Attachments
slow ramp with MV Zip.fsm
(37.72 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:04 am

Thanks Tepeix! I'll check that out...

Yes i'm focused on solving the very low and upper end of my LFO frequencies at the moment. Harmonics are unwelcome. I need both phase and sync since i'm setting up my plug for mono also, and both free and note sync lfo... iow needs retriggering capability etc. Maybe I can just add a reset on incoming trigger/sync to MVs dsp versions...

Generally I'm interrested in all sorts of solutions... They might be subject of repurpose, so any suggestions are much appreciated even if they don't solve this particular problem.

I can always sacrifice running a few triangles to atleast get a clean square but it doesn't feel good knowing that i'm using more oscillators than necessary lol :D

MV has made a treasure trove of DSP/ASM gems (not Ruby gems but who knows :) )
I was actually able to rewrite a DSP (that MV had made) to create a timed gate. That's a wow considering it's me.
My own DSP skills leave a lot to wish for :D I have no clue what i'm doing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by R&R on Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:20 am

Trying to understand the aliasing bit... but i'm mostly only using sync to retrigger LFOs. Causing regular clicks of course depending on whats being modulated. But can't take everything into consideration :lol: would be cool to have a triggerable smoothing module. Might be do:able in combination with a sample & hold.

I'm however using hard sync with my regular toolbox wavetable oscillators. I don't know about aliasing in this case.

I've added the toolbox distortion, and also added feedback-connection in my filters. Sounds terrible lol, but HAVE to have them 8-)
Those two must surely be far far worse source of aliasing than anything my oscillators are doing...
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:15 pm

Normally with an lfo you don't have to care about aliasing.
Unless they become very fast but in this case it's more a ring modulator based on an osc.

Based on the way those ring mod is used sometime you have to first low pass the osc
before make then interact to not produce aliasing..

You could check for aliasing with a spectrum display.
(I use this one; it's an old one i think coming from synthmaker, i didn't find the last one in my toolbox..)
Attachments
A old spectrum display.fsm
(9.34 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Tepeix

Postby Tepeix » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:34 pm

A little attempt to slow the lfo when re-triggered.

I do no remember clearly but i think they could be other's more complex on the forum.

Using this way the lfo is resync, but it will not be at 0 exactly at the time trig, mixing progressively the new synced phase with the last one...

Maybe it's also possible to use a white synced lfo when the voice begin then to slowly blend to the blue lfo.
Attachments
Low pass lfo when retrig.fsm
(36.65 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:33 am

Based on the way those ring mod is used sometime you have to first low pass the osc
before make then interact to not produce aliasing..

You could check for aliasing with a spectrum display.

Nice, thanks!
I'll hang on to that thought...
Will probably start checking this out in detail after the plugin is a bit more completed :lol:
I can hear all sorts of nasty clicks and stuff (aliasing artifacts probably) coming out of my synth so... But if I start trying to solve these issues now I'll never get anywhere with the plugin :D

A little attempt to slow the lfo when re-triggered.

Cool! Will definately check that out...

I'm not going to be that picky about smooth transition when resyncing certain parts I think... I'm going to try and just do a hard sync when the lfo (that needs resync) hits zero crossing. If the transition is bad, its will be up to the user to adjust the the speed automation curve more accordingly.
But when considering the PPQ part and resyncing to pulses that might need a bit finess so as to not create terrible transitions.
But I don't know how much drifting there is usually? Static latency is one thing, but that can be compensated for If I remember correctly... Haven't even started testing my plugin in a DAW so :lol:

As with the aliasing part, I think I'm going to leave resync and these things out at this point in time... so as to not halt everything. I need to create some more sounds (oscillator schematics) for the synth also. I don't know anything about sounddesign either :lol: despite having owned some hardware...

My synth really sounds terrible but I don't care. It makes sounds when I press the keys :lol: as the complexity increases my standards are getting lower LOL
R&R

Postby R&R » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:18 am

Man... i'm never finished it seems :lol:

Anyone know of a secret trick to resetting all presets in preset manager to current default values?

Btw... so the triangle oscillator prim in 3.09 has been changed? Seems it doesn't need 90degree offset anymore or are my DSPs acting up :D
R&R

Postby Tepeix » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:00 pm

I did not work so much with the preset manager for now.
But i think that the problem is in most of the knob and control.

The default value is not working. (i never find a way to make it work)
The default parameter send something wireless but nothing receive it, but i don't know if the param prims is supposed to send it to the preset manager.
Trying to replace the param prim with another one i could get a default value of 0..
Which is not very usefull..
Tepeix

Postby Tepeix » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:22 pm

I think i find a hack.
But this is not a beautiful one...
(don't really understand how it works.. Maybe some steps are not necessary...)

With this modified preset module (inside the knob) there's a new option to reset the preset to the default value when we browse a preset.

So you have to access the parameter of the knob prim, indicate a default value and make the "erase preset" option true.
Then browse all the preset or those you want to assign this default value.
Then uncheck the "erase preset"

If you want to use another knob, you have to change his preset module to this one, then (optionally) to edit the propriety of the knob to make accessible the new parameter "erase preset" that will be lost in all the others parameters. Or you must not use the parameter but open the preset module and change the option inside... ...

Not ultra practice but seams to work well.
(Little drawback.. Now when you change the default value it write it to the current preset even when the erase option is off)

Re re edit : Hum sorry i just spot a very very annoying bug... When the erase option is uncheck there's 2 possibility : you have luck and the knob is working... If not you have to make it true then again false and hope it works... ... So it's not really good for now, don't know if i could fix it..
Attachments
Preset manager Hack default.fsm
edit v2: now it also write preset when not erasing it;)
(19.4 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Tepeix

Postby Tepeix » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:44 pm

For the one that download the precedent version i hope you find soon this one !

The last one had an annoying and stupid bug !
Making the knob not working sometime when the erase option is uncheck..

This one must be ok:
Attachments
Preset manager Hack default v3 working.fsm
(19.44 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Tepeix

PreviousNext

Return to General