Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Copy/Paste Utility - VST

For general discussion related FlowStone

Copy/Paste Utility - VST

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I have need for a Copy/Paste type of utility, and first wanted to check with the GURUS to see if this is even possible with FS.

Scenario:

Working in a DAW, using the Voxengo SPAN spectrum display. We can RT-Clk mouse button and capture a Frequency
marker that temp stores in the Windows c/p feature.

What I'd like to do is make a FS VST that would work like a Notepad that can be pasted on to, to store these snapshots.

Would be ideal if this could be, somewhat, automatic ... in that, each capture would be sent directly into this Utility.

THEN ... from this utility storage 'pad' .... could then be again Copied/stored, to be pasted into an Equalizer that accepts Text/edit entries.

Is this even possible with FS ?

Sure appreciate any insights in regards.

Thanks !
RJHollins

Re: Copy/Paste Utility - VST

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:32 pm

Just did a fast test, and yes ... SPAN sends to the clipboard ..

and it can be pasted into FS 'TEXT' primitive, and so far, one of my EDIT modules.

so there is possibility.

Thinking ahead.

Say I can get several C/P entries.
I would then want to SORT them Low to High [to better organize].

Don't have a total number of C/P's that I'd want/need ... so leaving that for later.

With the simple test working .... now to think this through more.
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:59 am

Interesting idea RJ.

The closest I’ve come to anything like this is when I make presets. I compose in Word (for the spell checking) then copy-paste into the text field in my preset manager.

My gut tells me that Ruby will need to be involved for converting a data set into text and parsing the pasted text back into a useable format for the use case. I suspect the solution will be specific to the dataset, rather than generalised. I think it might be possible but not by me. Looking forward to seeing where this goes…
Spogg

Postby HughBanton » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:59 pm

Sorry to arrive a bit late to this, but only yesterday I clicked on copy/paste in my own project (I hardly ever use its copy/paste facility :-( ) and that in turn made me recall when I originally requested help about this very subject. It's been a hidden feature in my thing ever since. (So hidden I'd almost forgotten it was there :lol: )

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10582&hilit=paste#p39180

Not the same as you are after, but it illustrates how to use a global variable in Ruby to pass things around. Works well.

However note Tulamide's wise warning about using global variables such as this ... :!: :!:

HB
HughBanton

Postby RJHollins » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:21 pm

HughBanton wrote:Sorry to arrive a bit late to this, but only yesterday I clicked on copy/paste in my own project (I hardly ever use its copy/paste facility :-( ) and that in turn made me recall when I originally requested help about this very subject. It's been a hidden feature in my thing ever since. (So hidden I'd almost forgotten it was there :lol: )

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10582&hilit=paste#p39180

Not the same as you are after, but it illustrates how to use a global variable in Ruby to pass things around. Works well.

However note Tulamide's wise warning about using global variables such as this ... :!: :!:

HB

Wow HB !

Would you know I tried to first Search the FS forums for something like this. Thanks so much for finding and posting.

Had a chance to read through most of that and additional links. Good stuff all around.

Again Thanks ! Hope all is well for You. 8-)
RJHollins

Return to General