Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Trigger Wav Samples

For general discussion related FlowStone

Trigger Wav Samples

Postby S1User » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:19 pm

Hello Guys,

I'm working on a drum sample player and for the life of me I cannot get the Wave Array thing to work. If you can be so kind as to give a simple (as simple as possible) example of pre-loading a few samples into a wav array and then later triggering any of them from MIDI.

I've been reading here and on the net for a few days now and I just cannot get it to work.

Thanks in advance.
S1User

Re: Trigger Wav Samples

Postby billv » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:39 pm

Here's a Drum machine..with bass and synth as well....hope this helps... :)
Drums.fsm
(3.33 MiB) Downloaded 314 times
billv

Postby S1User » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:07 am

Thanks a lot. Is there a wave array primitive in there? i can't find it. i really just need a simple schematic that shows how wave files play from a wave array prim. '

I'm wracking my brain. :)
S1User

Postby billv » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:13 am

S1User wrote:I'm wracking my brain.

Yes...there is a wave array in there...in a un-named module...at the top of the screen.... :)
billv

Postby tulamide » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:42 am

S1User wrote:Hello Guys,

I'm working on a drum sample player and for the life of me I cannot get the Wave Array thing to work. If you can be so kind as to give a simple (as simple as possible) example of pre-loading a few samples into a wav array and then later triggering any of them from MIDI.

I've been reading here and on the net for a few days now and I just cannot get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's a good idea to work with the wave array. All wavefiles loaded to it will need to be of the same format and share only one ADSR.
It's better to have dedicated "oscillators" per drum channel, each with their own set of sound design tools, like ADSR, filter or eq, and panning, for example.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby S1User » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Thanks, but I don't need ADSR. I have a collection of drum samples and all I want to do is trigger them via midi and have them go to individual audio outputs in my DAW so they can be individually processed and mixed.

I have the same drum samples in a Kontakt kit that I created, and Kontakt is literally doing nothing to the samples but triggering them. I just want to move that kit to a standalone VST plugin

S1User

Postby Spogg » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:43 am

S1User wrote:... I don't need ADSR. ...

You may not need an actual ADSR but you’ll need something to keep the channel open while the sample plays out. Without this, the sample will stop playing when the midi note OFF signal arrives.

If there’s no ADSR you’ll need the envelope control prim (search for env in the toolbox). The prim will need to control the index counter so it starts the counter when a note is played and closes the channel with a poly bool signal when the index counter reaches maximum. That way you get one full shot independent of when the MIDI note OFF is received.
Spogg

Postby S1User » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:03 am

I finally got it working. Now I just need to figure out how to stop the sample from triggering every time I add or delete a primitive in the schematic.

The adventure continues. :)
S1User

Return to General