Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Does anyone want a ...

For general discussion related FlowStone

Does anyone want a ...

Postby HughBanton » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:16 pm

Hi folks,

Earlier this year I wanted to do some experiments re controlling church organ console features - stops, pistons, combination memories and so on, so I got hold of a LabJack U3-HV.

"A WHAT?" I hear you say ... well if you look in your toolbox you'll find it there. It's a 'Data Acquisition Module', connects via USB and gives you umpteen physical inputs & outputs that Flowstone can address, both digital and analogue.

On an organ you need loads of inputs & outputs, normally done using strings of shift-register ICs. (I grew up on this stuff ;-) )

My original mission has been successfully accomplished, and as a result I've now made myself a custom Arduino USB-Midi interface which basically does exactly the same thing.

So my red LabJack box needs a new home, it'll gather dust here forever otherwise. (Already tried eBay ... nah :cry: ) I suppose this post should be in 'Robotics' really, but does anyone go there??

Somebody PM me if they want it. Free, postage only.

HB
HughBanton

Re: Does anyone want a ...

Postby Spogg » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:26 am

Very generous of you!

I personally would have no use for this but I’m wondering if it could be used to generate gate and cv signals for an analogue system…
Spogg

Postby HughBanton » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:26 am

Oh, no doubt. I believe they have high precision D-A and A-D inside the box. Probably ideal for that.

Myself I only used it to send clocks and data back and forth, and it quickly dawned on me that I could make a more convenient solution with an Arduino configured for USB MIDI.
HughBanton

Postby tester » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:33 pm

It would be great tool, if it was 16-bit ADC...
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Return to General