Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Quilcom Handpan in Linux

For general discussion related FlowStone

Quilcom Handpan in Linux

Postby donnek » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:19 pm

This has a beautiful sound. I've tried running it in Ardour in AVLinux 21, using Yabridge to convert the .dll into an .so. It loads and runs, but there's a "spit" or crackle after 80% of notes, which means it's not really useable. The interface also doesn't catch some mouse events - for instance, I can click on the centre chime and it sounds, but clicking on the others does nothing.

Is this a known issue with Flowstone apps, namely, that audio stuff only works reliably on Windows, or is there perhaps something I'm not doing right?
donnek

Re: Quilcom Handpan in Linux

Postby Spogg » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:16 am

Hello donnek and welcome to the forum!

FlowStone is Windows only and so far nobody else has mentioned what you’ve tried on any of my plugins, so I have no experience.
What interests me is that you get issues “after 80% of notes” which suggests to me that Yabridge may not be operating the CPU’s SSE2 instruction set correctly.
I’m happy for you to send the plugin to the devs at https://libreav.org/software/yabridge and maybe they can sort the issue for you.
Spogg

Re: Quilcom Handpan in Linux

Postby donnek » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:14 pm

OK, thanks. Yes, I'll try doing that.
donnek

Return to General