Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

toolbox

For general discussion related FlowStone

toolbox

Postby hardwarehost » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 am

on synthmaker´s toolbox and 22 inch monitor i have 13 rows.. like table of 5 X 13 modules to see,, and on flowstone theres only rows maybe of 13 modules THIS SEEMS TO ME LIKE 3 STEPS BACKWARD, you shoud IMHO bring back the old toolbox´s amounth of modules somehow. i am wasting my time on mousewheel....
hardwarehost

Re: toolbox

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

hardwarehost wrote:on synthmaker´s toolbox and 22 inch monitor i have 13 rows.. like table of 5 X 13 modules to see,, and on flowstone theres only rows maybe of 13 modules THIS SEEMS TO ME LIKE 3 STEPS BACKWARD, you shoud IMHO bring back the old toolbox´s amounth of modules somehow. i am wasting my time on mousewheel....

hallo, you can zoom in and out on the right lower corner!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=956
Nubeat7

Postby support » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Browsing through components is always going to be time consuming no matter how many are visible. Also the more that are visible the more visual scanning you have to do to locate the one you are looking for.

Try using the tags and connector type filters - these allow you to significantly reduce the number of components shown. Recently used components can be accessed by clicking the recently used filter (the one that looks like a clock face).

You can use CTRL+F to jump straight to search. Search pattern recognition has been greatly improved in version 3.

If your mouse is over the toolbox then if you quickly type the first few letters of the component name the toolbox will jump to the first match. This is another quick way to locate a component.

To scroll through the list you can also use the Page Up and Page Down keys.
support

Postby hardwarehost » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm

support wrote:Browsing through components is always going to be time consuming no matter how many are visible.
not in my opinion, I cant imagine if you take the palette from the painter where he can see every colour and give him "scroling pallete" and say " :? thats better tool dude" this is my point of wiev

listen i dont understand whats the problem, just add the vertical lines of new modules, like if user do larger toolbox he gets 2X, 3X, 4X more visible..... if he do thiner he gets the same that is now ...like why not?

i dont want old toolbox only more visible modules at time in new one ...to make sure understandig
hardwarehost

Postby Johnnny-5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 am

I have a issue with FlowStone 3 toolbox, I have tried and tried to get this working but keeps messing itself up
I have a bunch or .hom from synthmaker 2 My collection of modules.. I have found that in order to bring them
into flowstone you have to creat that tags that they were in in Synthmaker 2 and dump them all into the AppData>Flowstone>Modules>User... all is fine for about 3 FlowStone opens and closes and now the toolbox
is all messed up I got the Analog Kit tag now with a bunch of my knobs in it and the tags and the stuff in them
are now in multiple locations on the tags what the heck is going on...

Then I blow everything away reinstall and dump my modules back and all is fine for a little while then all of a sudden
the whole toolbox is messed up again i got my knobs in 6 different locations in the toolbox ??? I have some of my LED's LCD's in my knobs folder now very frustrating...... ????? can I not use old synthmaker modules ???
Johnnny-5

Postby support » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am

For the tool box issues you are having it’s far easier to make a Synthmaker schematic with them all in, open this in FlowStone and then use the add to tool box feature to put them where you want them. You can also create new folders and tags (Edit Tags)to group them to aid the search etc.
support

Postby jbonnell4394 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Great and I'm sure that will work BUT, I can only add items into the schematic one at a time in the old Synthmaker 2. and I have over 700 User modules.. :-(
guess this is going to be a LONG process to set them up in a .OSM

Thanks... :-)
jbonnell4394

Postby jbonnell4394 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:08 pm

I have a question for the Devs, in synthmaker we had nice modules (Rectangle, Ellips, Image etc. ) all missing in flowStone. any reason why these were removed ?? I can still get them from the old SynthMaker with no trouble BUT
I was just curious why they would be missing in FlowStone 3...

-J
jbonnell4394

Postby trogluddite » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:35 pm

jbonnell4394 wrote:guess this is going to be a LONG process to set them up in a .OSM

On the plus side - good chance for a tidy up. For example a few questions that I have been asking myself when porting some of my bits and bobs...
- Do I really need this module right now? Maybe I'll never end up using it again, and it will just be clutter?
- How old is it? Was I a good programmer back then, or could I write a better one now?
- Can Ruby or the other new components help me to make a better version of this?
- Are there new modules etc. that replace this one? (I didn't move all my old custom 'Int/Float etc, changed modules for example)
Bit like when you move house - you ALWAYS need a dumpster for the boxes of crap that you never even opened after moving the last time! ;)
jbonnell4394 wrote:I was just curious why they would be missing in FlowStone 3...

To make sure you go and learn some Ruby! :twisted: :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby jbonnell4394 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Yes Trog all valid points and yeah my toolbox does need a good clean up anyway :-)

I'm trying to wrap my head around this ruby language, I got "Ruby Essential Training" from Lynda.com
seems to be really good, and I'm looking forward to learning this Lang... I come from "Adobe Flash Action Script 3
" and Visual Basic 6" Ruby seems to be quite a bit different, But looks really powerful..

is this software capable of creating Sequencers now ??
jbonnell4394

Next

Return to General