Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby k brown » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:01 am

Boy, did I remember wrong. It wasn't the Myco expo EG I used to have a modulate-able rate envelope, it was the AHD; one of the EGs with stream inputs instead of greens. I used it in The Putnie to have a repeating envelope with modulate-able Decay, as the VCS 3 did. I got it to work by amplifying the incoming 0-1 mod steam by 15,000 and connecting it directly to the stream-in of the Decay input of the AHD core; past the green scaling elements. Works like a champ; no glitches, but no sustain stage. Only these 'incomplete' eg modules (AHD, D) have trigger inputs.
I suppose I could try just switching over to one of these setups in any synth that has envelopes the can be triggered by LFOs, stepLFOs etc. The Attack and Decay times can be changed while it's running in repeat mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hkgzqiqztugp ... yn2Fa?dl=0
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby k brown » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:16 am

Oh dear - another plaintive cry for help.

I've just completed an emulation of Octave's the CATstick 4-way joystick controller (theKAT/stick). There's just one of it's functions I wasn't able to figure out. Unlike most joysticks the CATstick was spring-loaded and returned to the center/zero output position when you let go of it. I'm using one of the X/Y pads that has a preset module in it that Spogg kindly sent my way, and already this has the ability to Default to center when you Cntrl/Click anywhere on the pad. What one needs here is for it to return to Default when you release the mouse button. I'm assuming this would be done with the Mouse LUp prim in the right place inside the schematic, but I've tried every place I can think of and I just can't get it to work.
I imagine this is pretty simple for someone who knows more about building with prims than I do.

Anyone care to lend a hand? Here's the XY pad I'm using:
XY.osm
(9.17 KiB) Downloaded 980 times

theKAT/stick
the KAT-stick copy.jpg
the KAT-stick copy.jpg (105.24 KiB) Viewed 27826 times
k brown

Postby bbuese » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Is this what you are looking for?
I modified the pad control : returns to default center position when dragging stops.
Attachments
XYrev.osm
revised XY
(10.13 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
bbuese

Postby k brown » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 pm

That sounds like exactly what I'm after - but I can't open it. I have SM Pro 2.0.5 which I though was the last version before FS, but it says this was made with a newer version of SM; won't open. Could you possibly send a screenshot of the relevant section of you're revised schematic?

Thanks so much.
k brown

Postby bbuese » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:48 pm

ok I use Flowstone 3.0.8 Skylark
in module Pad Control
you need to create links from Xmin (=0), Xmax, Xset, Ymin (=0), Ymax, Yset, and dragging(primitive drgXY) to a new module named 'default to center'
The connections are a bit fuzzi but i did it quick en dirty.
PadControl.png
Module PadControl
PadControl.png (94.67 KiB) Viewed 27807 times

In new module default to center
calculate the center for X and Y
if dragging change from true to false then the module set the X and Y position to center.
connect the X and Y outputs of the new module to the drgXY primitive.
default to center.png
default to center
default to center.png (38.54 KiB) Viewed 27807 times
bbuese

Postby k brown » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Wow! I would have sworn it would be much simpler than that! - didn't involve the Mouse LUp; no wonder I couldn't figure it out, I was barking up the wrong tree.
Thanks so much for the screenshots; I think I can figure it out from these. I was also hoping to make the Default upon drag-stop switchable, but maybe not.
k brown

Postby k brown » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:18 am

F-ing brilliant - exactly what it needs to do; switching back and forth from 'normal' to 'spring-loaded' was as simple as switching off the Dragging.

Thanks so much again for your help. Now the KATstick can have a 'spring-loaded' joystick like the original, or a normal X/Y pad, no matter what kind of controller they're using! Great!

By the way, who are you - don't think I've seen your name on this thread.
k brown

Postby k brown » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 am

Dropbox shut me down twice due to heavy traffic -F-them.
All files have been moved to Sync.com.

https://ln.sync.com/dl/3e98951a0/n5wwiu ... j-htz7j7dr
k brown

Postby k brown » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:56 am

If anyone's still haunting this thread -
Back to the subject of envelopes that can have their times modulated and can be changed while the envelope is looping, I came up with a kludge that does everything required but has a nasty bug.
I built this to emulate as closely as possible the Buchla 281. These ASD (actually ASR) envelopes have three modes (toggle switch on the left):
repeat/(AD loop), transient (A followed immediately by D) and sustained (ASR).
Buchla 281 copy.jpg
Buchla 281 copy.jpg (191.77 KiB) Viewed 27530 times

As you can see in the photo, the Attack and Decay times have control inputs (the black banana jacks). There is a pulse (trigger) input (orange banana) for each EG, and each one generates a pulse at the completion of it's Decay stage (red banana). Using this crazy lash-up:
ASD Env-Buchla-style_640w.jpg
ASD Env-Buchla-style_640w.jpg (155.04 KiB) Viewed 27530 times

I've been able to achieve all these requirements, however in the specific condition of using one looping envelope to trigger another, there is a nasty random blip/click/thump if the looped triggering EG has a shorter decay time than the EG it's triggering. In the reverse condition, everything's fine. In the version of this envelope type (for my Dodecamodule emulations) that don't need to have modulatable AD times, I used the old ADSR (manual) prim and this problem doesn't occur. But it can't be used for this 281 emulation because only envs with stream inputs can have their times modulated.
My hunch is that the problem probably has something to do with the use of the 'R' module following the AHD - but I've no clue what to do about it.
Have there been any EGs built in the Flowstone era that have stream inputs to the time controls, and have both Gate and Trigger inputs? - I assume that's what's required here (though maybe only needs to have trigger input, since the AHD module used here only has a trigger input).
EGdemo.zip
(661.16 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
k brown

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 am

I hit this issue when making my Quilcom Harvester!

The problem is caused by the AHD. It works in 16 sample increments, so fast re-triggering doesn't work properly.
I've changed one of the AHDs for mine and provided the AHD module at the top level also.
This one is fully evaluated every single sample so it uses a bit more CPU but no nasty clicks!

You can modify any code-based envelope generator this way if you need a fast re-trigger.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
EG demo spogged AHD env sample accurate.osm
(283.01 KiB) Downloaded 978 times
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples