Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Quilcom Q-50: Inspired by the Roland D-50 synth

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Quilcom Q-50: Inspired by the Roland D-50 synth

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 am

martinvicanek wrote:
Spogg wrote:@Martin: Thank you so much for the optimised modules you uploaded. I wanted to use the reverb because it dropped the CPU from 13.8 to 12.5 but the sound was very inferior to the original. One issue was the output mixer worked differently (Mix control kept the dry present and just added the Wet) but that was an easy fix. However the wet sound had distortion on sources with a high harmonic content and actually increased the volume of sounds with a sharp attack. If this can be fixed I will incorporate it but I didn’t want to degrade the quality.
Spogg

Hmm, very strange. Yes, I modified the mixer because in my topology I have no use for "wet only". But other than that, the two reverbs are very similar. Yes, the time constants are slightly different, but to my ears the difference is negligible. I could not tell which is which in a blind test, Anyway, let me see if I can make my reverb sound exactly like yours.

Glad you could use the other stuff though. ;)

Edit: Done, updated attachment in my original post.

Hey thanks Martin! You've come through for me yet again, you lovely man!

Here's the new version 1.06, also in the original post

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b33p023h0zf4 ... m.zip?dl=0

I have no idea why the first one sounded so crap but this one is clean and airy, as it should be.
Just by changing the reverb core to yours the cpu has gone from 8.9% to 8.4% on my 7 note chord test.
Proportionally that's a huge drop so thank you so much for that.

You never cease to amaze me Martin. Please, I beg you, never abandon the forum!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby noisenerd » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Three cheers for Martin!

...and also for Spogg! Thanks for sharing. Are the "0=off" knobs your work? I ask because I might use them myself, and I'd like to know who to credit.
noisenerd

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:24 pm

noisenerd wrote:Three cheers for Martin!

...and also for Spogg! Thanks for sharing. Are the "0=off" knobs your work? I ask because I might use them myself, and I'd like to know who to credit.

Hey thanks noisenerd! This has actually turned into more of a community project in the end, and that's a good thing!

The idea of the zero=off thing was indeed mine but I need not be credited. We all contribute, we all use each others stuff. That's the flowstoner's way!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby noisenerd » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:16 pm

Spogg wrote:The idea of the zero=off thing was indeed mine but I need not be credited. We all contribute, we all use each others stuff. That's the flowstoner's way!

Cool, mighty kind of you! I'll probably credit you anyway, but good to know you won't come beat me up if I don't. :lol:
noisenerd

Previous

Return to User Examples