Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Some 'products' you may find interesting !

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Some 'products' you may find interesting !

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi gang !
Looks like I'm becoming known as someone who is only capable of creating cute little on-off switch demonstators for 'newbies'.
I've been doing this (electronic music) for quite some time, here are links to some things I created a while back.

Here's a sample tune....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZOMfrv6lms

....and here's my webpage with quite a few tunes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEEXiM ... 4XKawFisLg

Check 'em out !

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Re: Some 'products' you may find interesting !

Postby Spogg » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:05 pm

I am VERY impressed :o

Much respect from me!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Spogg wrote:I am VERY impressed :o

Much respect from me!

Cheers

Spogg
Thank you so much, Spogg !
Coming from you, this means a lot.
I'm very impressed as well that you converted a piano into a synth with handmade key switches !
I built 3 guitars before my Dad bought me one, I know the feeling !
Seems like we came up the same way !

rocknrollkat

Postby RJHollins » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:12 pm

COOL :)
RJHollins

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:19 pm

RJHollins wrote:COOL :)

Thanks, R.J. !

Merry Christmas !

rocknrollkat

Postby tulamide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Nice analog synth, you used there. Probably on par with Roland's Junos.

I was more into Roland (Alpha Juno, D-50) and Korg (M1!) at that time, mid 80s (much later got me an Akai Sampler, S3000, the first 16-bit one, if I recall correctly). Roland's TR-505 and Yamaha RX5 for the drums. Of course a DX7 and later a TG77 (like DX7 but digital and with samples). All of this controlled by Notator on an Atari 1040 ST. But my first love definitely was the Alpha Juno - it was so easy to compose on that little analog workhorse! Those were the times!

I remember that I paid the equivalent of $2000, just to have one of the first (external!) SCSI-CD-Burner (double speed :lol: ) for my Mac, which already cost me a fortune (the equivalent of $8000). We embraced the CD and wanted to produce ourselves. Must have been early 90s.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:57 pm

tulamide wrote:Nice analog synth, you used there. Probably on par with Roland's Junos.

I was more into Roland (Alpha Juno, D-50) and Korg (M1!) at that time, mid 80s (much later got me an Akai Sampler, S3000, the first 16-bit one, if I recall correctly). Roland's TR-505 and Yamaha RX5 for the drums. Of course a DX7 and later a TG77 (like DX7 but digital and with samples). All of this controlled by Notator on an Atari 1040 ST. But my first love definitely was the Alpha Juno - it was so easy to compose on that little analog workhorse! Those were the times!

I remember that I paid the equivalent of $2000, just to have one of the first (external!) SCSI-CD-Burner (double speed :lol: ) for my Mac, which already cost me a fortune (the equivalent of $8000). We embraced the CD and wanted to produce ourselves. Must have been early 90s.

Hi Tulamide !
I still have the Akai AX-60, I haven't used it in a while. It is a whopping 6 voice poly synth, unweighted, no velocity.
My first tone generator was a Yamaha TG-55, some great presets, no pan !
I had a Roland generator for a short time, and a Roland R-8 drum machine, nice sounds.
Traded it for a Yamaha RM50 drum machine and also acquired a Yamaha TG-500, really nice piece !
All of this was controlled through a Voyetra V-24 S 64 track MIDI interface which had its own internal card and external box with 4 MIDI outputs, 2 MIDI inputs and SMPTE control (RCA jacks). We used the SMPTE to stripe the Tascam 8 track cassette deck on track 8, it was designed for that as you may recall.
The software from Voyetra addressed the 4 MIDI ports as separate entities, which they were, yielding 4 ports X 16 MIDI tracks, for an incredible (at the time) 64 tracks of MIDI with SMPTE sync to tape, quite a setup !
We also acquired a Roland S550 sampler from Lenny Fontana, a good friend and popular D.J.
The sampler relied on an Atari monitor, no kidding !
I also had one of the first external CD burners, what a bargain at 600 dollars !
Of course, the usual gaggle of external gear, compressors, reverb, etc.
And a Tascam "DAT" machine, as well.
You haven't lived until you've experienced a 'head crash' (over 0 dB) on that machine !
Yup, early 90s, great times.
Much of my gear is in storage in Brooklyn, New York with a lifelong friend and musician who threatens to set it up once he retires !
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my upgraded computer after the Wyse PC-XT was a custom built behemoth, a whopping 100 Mhz. machine with an A.V. (audio visual) certified Seagate Barracuda hard drive, 7,200 RPMs, a price breakthrough at 1,000 dollars for 2 gigs !
The whole computer cost me $7,000 U.S.
That's when we got into hard drive recording, heady times breaking ground !
Welcome back to the forums, I'm posting Dead Simple hookups for the newbies AND the old timers who never get around to the 'simple' stuff until they need it in the middle of a project (like me !).
I hope you get a kick out of them !
Merry Christmas,

rocknrollkat

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:22 am

I still have my Korg M1.
:o
RJHollins

Postby rocknrollkat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:46 am

RJHollins wrote:I still have my Korg M1.
:o

We could start a museum, not a bad idea !

rocknrollkat

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:25 pm

I also have the LINN Drum with full MIDI option.

and of course, the Oberheim PROMER to burn the chips.

Where would be be, if not for 2 ATARI 1040 STE computers ... and more.

From a past lifetime :|
RJHollins

Next

Return to User Examples