Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Dropbox question for Spogg

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Dropbox question for Spogg

Postby k brown » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:26 pm

Hmm, trying to post an example schem, but getting "Board attachment quota has been reached" -?

You can download from here:
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/1c74adbc0/mef8x ... 2-w7rjrmwr

If you open that .osm schem with 3.0.6 Pebble, you'll see inside the 'ADSR' modules are 'ADSR (manual)' prims.

When opened in FS4 3.0.9 Beta3, you'll see that the prims inside have been replaced with what I showed in the previous post.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby tulamide » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:10 pm

deraudrl wrote:
tulamide wrote:You both will continue having issuesin the future. And it is not Dropbox causing it, but both of your publicity growing. The limits of Dropbox have never been changed.

The free account has an allowed bandwidth of 20 GB and 100,000 (!) downloads PER DAY (see, Kevin, how much you grew in popularity? The bandwidth is the limiting factor here)

The paid plans that are not "business" don't restrict the number of downloads, but the bandwidth is restricted to 400 GB. This will affect you, Rex, at some point. A 40 MB plugin zip could be downloaded 10,000 times per day, before the limit is reached. I predict this will happen very soon.

Meaning no disrespect to the popularity of Kevin and Spogg, but those limits sound insanely high and the probability of exceeding them correspondingly low, at least with regards to regular (i.e. human) users. Are there thousands of bots scouring Dropbox and downloading every public link?

They sound much higher, than they actually are. 20 GB bandwidth includes everything, not just the download itself, but also any communication. Kevin's zip files come at around 8 to 10 MB each. That's a maximum (under most fitting circumstances) of 250 downloads. Since people download in bulks rather than spreaded evenly (i.e. a youtuber makes a demo about a Kevin plugin, and their subscribers might download on that same day), this is reached very quickly.

However, as it seems, Kevin has switched to sync.com, which also -if I'm not mistaken- has no bandwidth restriction. So, everything should be fine.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:02 pm

k brown wrote:Hmm, trying to post an example schem, but getting "Board attachment quota has been reached" -?

You can download from here:
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/1c74adbc0/mef8x ... 2-w7rjrmwr

If you open that .osm schem with 3.0.6 Pebble, you'll see inside the 'ADSR' modules are 'ADSR (manual)' prims.

When opened in FS4 3.0.9 Beta3, you'll see that the prims inside have been replaced with what I showed in the previous post.

I know it’s not the point but I’ve modified the envs to retrigger from the LFO using an FS4 compatible envelope system. You can replace the module directly using Swap Links if you’ve used it in any other synths:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqhgafvbkyi5i ... _.zip?dl=0
Spogg

Postby k brown » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:01 pm

Thanks so much; that was my biggest concern, because I based so many projects on the overall structure of the ARP Odyssey, and they all have LFO-trigged EGs. I'd added self-trig (AD repeat) just as an added extra, because I figured out how to do it (that second output on the 'ADSR (manual)' was just begging to be used), but wouldn't bother me to drop it. Kind of vital to most of my Buchla emus though - they may have to remain 32bit.

So, can that little code bit be used with any EG with a Gate input?
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Spogg » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:09 am

k brown wrote:... So, can that little code bit be used with any EG with a Gate input?

Yes and I’ve done stuff like that before.
For the option to be kbd gate or LFO gate just use a selector to switch between the Midi gate direct and the “LFO’ed” Midi gate. I didn’t do that in yours because I wanted to be minimally invasive and change as little as possible.
Spogg

Previous

Return to User Examples