Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Elliptic x-y pad

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Elliptic x-y pad

Postby stw » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Here's a elliptic variation of the usual rectangle x-y pad. The controlling dot is limited to a elliptic path.
This works with all elliptic forms.
Some explanation of the underlying math is included.
Since i'm not using FS right now i've no clue if that maybe done with ruby any better.
Anyway...hope you like it...

OSM from SM forum

EDIT: Since it really doesn't make sense to upload twice i just copied the download link here and removed the fsm version.
P.S. added some inputs
Last edited by stw on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stw

Re: Elliptic x-y pad

Postby tester » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks!

OSM files are woring in FS, so no need for duplicates I guess?
It does not works backwards (which is not a big deal for FS users).
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby trogluddite » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi Jay, that's nice - quite often the square form of x,y pad isn't quite right - and your maths gives the option to output and angle and distance rather than x and y even.
One improvement I would suggest - at the moment, the 'ball' is restricted to the circle, but the main outputs aren't, and can still output values that are outside the circle if you drag over the edge. An option to use the actual 'ball position' values might be handy for those time when the extreme 'corner' values aren't needed.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby stw » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:46 pm

trogluddite wrote:Hi Jay, that's nice - quite often the square form of x,y pad isn't quite right - and your maths gives the option to output and angle and distance rather than x and y even.
One improvement I would suggest - at the moment, the 'ball' is restricted to the circle, but the main outputs aren't, and can still output values that are outside the circle if you drag over the edge. An option to use the actual 'ball position' values might be handy for those time when the extreme 'corner' values aren't needed.

Hi trog,
though i'm not Jay i corrected that issue. Of course you're right. the "rectangled" 0-1 output doesn't make any sense in the elliptic body. I simply forgot to do the right output connects. But by correcting this i noticed that the elliptic math was done at the wrong place anyway. Now it's placed after the preset module where it should belong! So thanks for the comment ;)

New version at the initial post.

Cheers
stw

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:01 pm

cool stuff, thanks for sharing!
i think this: http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1121&start=10 is interesting here too, its a normal xy Pad done with ruby..
Nubeat7

Return to User Examples