Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Anyone remember 'Randy'?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Anyone remember 'Randy'?

Postby k brown » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:41 pm

Well, this ain't he, but a doubled version of his immediate predecessor, 'randomOsc4'.

I decided I no longer care much for the rather cartoon-y GUI I did for Randy, so while I was at it, I decide to make it a dual version.

I very much like dual-line synths, like Croma that I just updated, and most of the Yamaha CS-series.

This has all Martin's original presets, plus a couple of my own (trogg's wouldn't load because they were for the 8-poly version, Randy). All that's added to Martin's orig is Transpose (octave, semi or fine) and Pan for each line.

A meager example of what one can do with the dual-lines is my preset "Organ II", which is Martin's "Organ" preset, but with one line up a fifth, and the other down an octave - sounds even more 'Hammond-y'.

I decided not to include Chorus in the FX bar, because it has little utility for this machine that inherently produces wide, swirly sounds.

I may yet forge ahead and do a dual redo of Randy + (will be a lot of work) :( .

RandomDuel copy.jpg
RandomDuel copy.jpg (119.08 KiB) Viewed 9178 times

RandomDuel.fsm
(6 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
Last edited by k brown on Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Anyone remember 'Randy'?

Postby R&R » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:51 pm

I do like that Organ II sound... Mellow! 8-)

PS
Strings preset seemed to be messed up for me...
R&R

Postby k brown » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Yeah, I just discovered that, too. That gor saved with the Oct knob in an in between setting; just setting it back to center fixes it.

Schem has been replaced in above post.

Here's the "+" version with a second mod LFO, and a separate mod matrix for each line. Like Randy + was, but this is still the 4-poly version.

RandomDuel + copy.jpg
RandomDuel + copy.jpg (152.21 KiB) Viewed 9099 times

RandomDuel +.fsm
(6.64 MiB) Downloaded 354 times

8-poly Randy + II is coming along soon. It's a drag, though because I can't use it; on my machine with more than three notes held down, the volume jumps way up. I'd forgotten this issue when Randy was first being worked on. As I recall, it turned out to be a quirk of my computer - if others generated .dlls from it it worked fine; Spogg made a .dll and sent it to me just so I could play it. Very strange.
Last edited by k brown on Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby k brown » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:17 am

Here it is.

Randy + II. Dual version of the 8-poly Randy +.

Trog did some nice presets back on the original thread, but they were pretty glitchy in this so, not wanting put his work a poor light, they will have to remain the territory of original Randy +.

Screenshot copy.jpg
Screenshot copy.jpg (127.83 KiB) Viewed 9102 times

Randy + II.fsm
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 349 times
k brown

Postby R&R » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:28 am

Nice!

k brown wrote:This has all Martin's original presets, plus a couple of my own (trogg's wouldn't load because they were for the 8-poly version, Randy). All that's added to Martin's orig is Transpose (octave, semi or fine) and Pan for each line.

k brown wrote:Trog did some nice presets back on the original thread, but they were pretty glitchy in this so, not wanting put his work a poor light, they will have to remain the territory of original Randy +.

Yeah presets are a pain... :| even on my lo-fi newbie synth which only has a simple toolbox synth structure, but insanely large schematic instead. Any small change and all presets have to be adjusted/redone :roll: :)
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:37 am

Thanks, Kevin, for making Randy look good! I use the strings a lot im my recordings, now I have something nice to look at while I do. :D
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:38 am

T'was my pleas :) ure!

I really like setting the two lines to very different sounds and blending them together.
Last edited by k brown on Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby martinvicanek » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:47 am

Yeah, I need to spend more time to fully appreciate your additions. Your organ 2 preset is much closer to an organ sound!
martinvicanek

Return to User Examples