Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Troll XMas: ZDF EQ

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Troll XMas: ZDF EQ

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Ok, so Here's the ZDF EQ; It's pretty ideal for professional Audio Work. I wanted to show what flowstone can do because it gets flamed on KVR forums and perhaps it might improve outlooks a bit.
VST2 is still the only one in Ableton anyways.

Adding a few things; But this is a pre-final.

Attention: License changed to CCBY, refer to below post for details

Download: zdf eq version 26-8.fsm version 26.8 (303.51 KiB)
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Troll XMas: ZDF EQ

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:07 pm

A very merry troll Christmas to one and all :).

I've been working without the elves for they retired, but I have been able to shimmy up this proof of concept equalizer.
You know, when I was really getting into Flowstone at first I'd noted how the conservative ways of making an equalizer seemed slightly hindered and less so in the older Synthmaker; So I had tested other methodology.

I wanted to create something that uses less math for I felt that was where the problem laid. I created the GUI technology for this equalizer mostly from scratch including the knobs. I thank both Adam Szabo and Martin Vicanek for their introducing Me to ZDF and I have been learning to apply this technology.

I'd had a problem initially with the ZDF's posted because they were a bit unique in their application but Martin Vicanek Gave Me a file with every ZDF a guy could want. I decided to make an EQ with it. And to that end, MV: Can I put "featuring ZDF technology by Martin Vicanek" in the title above the text "ZDF EQ"?

It's a legality and I thought I would ask, I'm thinking that this EQ should be CCBY. And those people Who should be mentioned should be:

Martin Vicanek
Cytosonic
Infuzion
Trogluddite
Le Attol
Mvdlee
Spogg
Acrobat
Digital White Byte

Just because a lot of unique technologies go into this EQ including a great FFT analyzer featuring Nutulya and Hanning responses. This is another gem by Martin and I was lucky to come across it.

I'm learning to use this product to make My own studio. I spent a few thousand dollars on equalizers and gave up because I did not think they were good enough quality. Now I make My own always looking for the next eschelon of usefulness. And with that said; The sound of this EQ is great, but it lags ever so slightly when You first start to drag a bell. Originally also it was only 1.2 percent CPU and now it gets to 2. I'll rebuild this and slim it down until it gets to 1%. I appreciate everyone helping Me to test it.

But, I mean You could make commercial music with it. I also went out of My way to ensure that it is extremely accurate. I noticed people get annoyed if it doesn't sense frequencies "right away" :cry:. It had originally had some sort of crosshair effect, I'll be re-adding it. Maybe I would also wish to add settings and "High Quality". High Quality refers to re-sampling the lowest band and then sending that resampled signal in serial to the others. I like how the Fruity EQ achieved that, but again; They'd added oversampling as well. I prefer the more basic bass resampling because it's really quite a bit closer to a natural phenomenon given the speed of bass and how it is always echoing around us.

I could try also adding oversampling; There are some nice Optimized filters by Adam Szabo and I could get them working I suppose. But I'd like there to be either a HQ or Oversampling Mode and not both.

Enjoy the alpha re-release and please keep in mind that it is CCBY and not CC0. There was a lot of hard work by others and I wish them mentioned if You use this work.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Halon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Looks nice. Thank you :)
Halon

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Halon wrote:Looks nice. Thank you :)

Hey Halon, So; I tried taking away some redraws and I only had five minutes to do that. So only the brown bell is affected.
But it seems to do better without redraws; There's no start and stop motion.

It could be that I don't need to change much and I could just do the same for the others, We'll see I guess.

(Removed Beta Version 7.6)
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Release Candidate Version 9-3

OK, so stayed up to finish this one. But alas, it goes from 1 to 2. That would make it about 1.5.

However, to be fair I've had the same code running at a hot 1 so I believe I can copy and paste a few times and hopefully get the speed up. There is also some math I can truncate and simplify. The sound from this version is a lot better than the fruity Parametric EQ2, in fact; You might even say that it's the nicest EQ colour of any EQ in the world. Give this a listen and tell Me if You agree.

After hearing this EQ it's really hard to believe that You can't carefully manifest colour just by knowing what to do. I'm all about the glossy smoothness.
Here's the download. And it's CCBY. There are a lot of people Who worked hard on the bits that went into this project. I'd like them to be mentioned please if You use the file for making stuff.

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Martin Vicanek
Cytosonic
Infuzion
Trogluddite
RL
Le Attol
Vanderlee
Exonerate
Spogg
Acrobat
Digital White Byte (DWB)
Nix (Phonics)

Enjoy the alpha re-release and please keep in mind that it is CCBY and not CC0. There was a lot of hard work by others and I wish them mentioned if You use this work.

[Download available in the first post.]

Enjoy

EDIT: I removed the FFT analyzer and also the De-Zipper smoother (Up'd to 9-3). CPU Usage now sits at about 1.1% This is now a Release Candidate.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Spogg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 am

I’m looking forward to trying this out when you decide it’s finished.

I’ve seen many iterations of this but, since it keeps changing and evolving, I decided to wait until completion.

At this stage I would say you have some very impressive graphics skills at least. The various interfaces look really good.

So I wait eagerly!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby juha_tp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Looks like Hz markers are partly off a bit.

scale.png
scale.png (48.06 KiB) Viewed 21358 times
juha_tp

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Spogg wrote:I’m looking forward to trying this out when you decide it’s finished.

I’ve seen many iterations of this but, since it keeps changing and evolving, I decided to wait until completion.

At this stage I would say you have some very impressive graphics skills at least. The various interfaces look really good.

So I wait eagerly!

Cheers

Spogg

Thanks, this is a stable release candidate though. I said release candidate because I merely have to add the other filters (High Pass, Low Shelf, Band Pass, High Shelf, Low Pass, De-Esser ). To be honest I've been working on the selector. I wanted a custom dropdown menu and arrows from right to left. It's an annoying thing to make, lol.

I was thinking though, the de-esser can only be on one band. Is it a good idea to have it automatically move to the new band if previously selected; Or instead only be available in the menu if Unselected. Kind of a pain the latter. It could just default to a peak after all.

juha_tp wrote:Looks like Hz markers are partly off a bit.

Yes I designed this for 48000 sample rate; I'll make all of the other sample rates so that it matches up. I have other daws so I can test and implement for every sample rate affected. A lot of work; But I've been training to make the "real thing". I knew what I was getting into. This 44,100 I assume?
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:53 pm

It dawned on Me that I could set the sample rate to be static; it only goes to a certain level anyways.

Also, there's a bug with presets. I was able to fix the q presets by adding a 1 subtracted by the preset value and created a physical connection to the preset parameter.

That's all well and good but the decibels were trickier. That'll be tough to solve but I am very glad that I got over the hump of crashes. I'd noticed while working on the Stock EQ that the base equalizer code crashes FL Studio when the CPU was taxed by 40% or more. And that of course was My first priority. This new style of bell location and co-ordinates implementation seems to bypass the same phenomenon.

I'm glad of that, and it just goes to show You that sometimes it's worth making it from scratch. So, tonight I'll get that done; Prepare a custom dropdown menu using rounded rect primitives and mouseover, and so on. I'll add: default, peak, low shelf, high pass, band pass, high shelf, low pass, and de-esser.

I noticed also an issue when initially clicking the bells that they change in location and I'll troubleshoot that too. But no crashes, thank God. :)

And BTW, the method I used for X-Y Co-ordinates and Parametric EQ Bell manipulation is CCO, I made that from scratch. You'd probably want to mention Acrobat and Troggludite though, Exonerate, and MyCo as well; For I'd used some of their stuff (and so did the stock primitives); or sometimes at least as references.

But this Parametric EQ as a whole is CCBY. I decided to Re-add KG_Is_Back's Ruby FL Studio Style analyzer due to the fact that it is stalwart. I liked the hanning/nutulya analyzer by MV, Trogg, RL, Cyto but it drove My CPU to 99%. A shame cause I loved the style.

By the way I was going to try and make some of these glassy controls and make a Troggludite Super reverb Port. T-Verb. That'll be My next Fun project. I'd like to make a glassy reverb with it that has a smooth finish. Maybe I can achieve it. Assuming this; And assuming both products are successful I believe they'll bolster more sales for Flowstone and maybe even investors.

Ultimately if their was investors extra staff for development could be attained. But I think realistically (Unlike Steinberg frankly) and I understand that Ableton is only accepting VST2. And as I understand it; Other DAW's are following suit. Full VST3 compatibility is a long ways away. Nothing wrong with being an employee of a company that has a valid VST2 License agreement :).
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:00 pm

[Download in First Post]

OK, so I've been learning how to add presets. I used to do that only in fruity and it wasn't too hard but it was good.
I'd like to understand if the presets with hierarchy work well enough; But I guess that'll come.
:? Has anyone ever come across a code that allows You to check whether or not You're in FL Studio?
Hmm, if I had that code I could only show the menu if other than FL. Some DAW's can be Spartan.

Anyways, the blue "bell" has no such jumping action; The other "bells" do though when You grab them. I'm trying to troubleshoot why this is.
However, all filters are added and all presets are working. Furthermore I've added a main volume slider and a selector with which You can select: Peak, Hipass, LoShelf, Band Pass, Notch, Hishelf, LoPass. There was BP2 also and allpass I think, I could add those as well.

I was to add the De-esser; But for now I need to troubleshoot the bells jumping, maybe someone knows Why they do that and Can tell Me why?
Or I'll figure it out. BTW, I tried the other analyzer, it didn't get along with this style of bell animation. I tried another By Nix too that was amazing; But I want the CPU below 1%. Also, I have not tested automation and I have not perfected the output of plugin preset states for a DAW either. Made a few presets for Your testing.

Added notes also regarding Who made what inside the code. Will accentuate that so that everybody Who contributed is well chronicled.

Regards, Le Attol
[Download in First Post]
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Next

Return to User Examples