Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Troll Xmas: FDN Reverb (Port of MV concept)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Troll Xmas: FDN Reverb (Port of MV concept)

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:36 pm

Sometimes I seem to be having some problems with this reverb , it sometimes goes apeshit on the "size" slider , Get garbled output and even no output when moving with audio running , not always but sometimes.
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:49 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:Sometimes I seem to be having some problems with this reverb , it sometimes goes apeshit on the "size" slider , Get garbled output and even no output when moving with audio running , not always but sometimes.

Size? Hmm, I'll look into it.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:52 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:A question about the stereo widener , where is it at unity ?
1x is mono , so is 2x unity with no effect and 3 full effect ?

Unity would infer that there were first a test like the one designed by tor to test exact width and then not add any based on that; Furthermore to then base all increasing and decreasing based upon that scale. But it's been hard to wrap My head around that. But I will develop it into a math eventually.

Until then, 1 = interleaved stereo, 2 = split, 3 = non-interleaved
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby ChrisHooker » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:42 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:A question about the stereo widener , where is it at unity ?
1x is mono , so is 2x unity with no effect and 3 full effect ?

I wouldn't go by the numbers, since the Width readout combines values for both the Proximity slider AND the Width slider, yet the width module is currently only connected to the value of the Width slider. Thus you can change the numbers shown on the Width's readout by changing the Prox slider, but the sound won't change.

HOWEVER, when the Width slider is half (Width module is currently getting input of 1), the width is uneffected.
When the Width slider is at the bottom (module currently getting input of 0), the width is mono.
When the Width slider is past half-way, up to max (module currently getting input above 1, up to 2), the width is expanded.

You can quickly test this by replacing the audio connections to the Width module with floats.
ChrisHooker

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:51 pm

As well I added two ZDF's; One for treble and brightness and the other for bass to emulate distance. They're very minimal but it might account for the lag that You experienced.

I might look into using My new and improved ZDF filters (I made some with better diagnostic result) or I could always just rig up some crossover to do the same thing in a minimal way.

Glad You enjoy the reverb. By the way, Be on the lookout for a new Tverb. It will feature Trogluddite's reverb with many different alterations.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed May 01, 2019 5:29 pm

One thing I dont fully understand , the Pre/Post or (Pro/Pre ?)
Is that for applying ONLY the width and not the reverb ?
And should the width not be excluded if the setting is fully DRy ?

Trying to figure this thing out .
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed May 01, 2019 7:24 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:One thing I dont fully understand , the Pre/Post or (Pro/Pre ?)
Is that for applying ONLY the width and not the reverb ?
And should the width not be excluded if the setting is fully DRy ?

Trying to figure this thing out .

That means the width is applied after or before the reverb effect. Ultimately I'd wanted to add a high pass or lowpass. So, keeping that in mind I provided the option. Keep in mind that mix % also affects how much the "width" is also mixed in. I wanted to ensure that it was a choice. That way the "bassy" late reverb (wet) could be wider than the actual sound (dry). But If You wish the width to affect the entire sound You select pro.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to User Examples