Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

New Project: Mini Boom Switch

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

New Project: Mini Boom Switch

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Here's a working beta that I have used in My professional tracks for a while. It's something I made
early on. It's a one band EQ with no settings that enhances higher end bass with little impact.

I find this effect very useful, especially when I have taken a great deal of low end away from a vocal.
This effect seams to heal the wound so to speak and more than likely, You will find it very handy :)

BTW, here's some mods of filters I'd made, also handy.

Download: la school mini boom switch-3.osm (56.8KB)

Download: non existant delay filters v6 - comparison.fsm (9.57KB)
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: New Project: Mini Boom Switch

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Greetings, so in regards to the boom switch; I'm wanting to make a final soon and will attend to that on the weekend. But with that said; I wanted to point something out.

In the past in My posts there have been some rather opinionated "guesses" and furthermore "judgements" by both Myself and others of technologies and what they can and cannot do.
Though, admittedly; I'm a rather skilled programmer. Through My work I've probably changed a few minds so I can't say that I'm apologizing for having an opinion that differs but I will say clearly that I believe that it is in the mood of some of the responses to My posts that were looked down upon in general. And it seems now; To most observative people that to say anything positive or open-mindedly negative might incur the wrath of "flames" as it were.
And maybe they're right, so I really don't expect too many posts to be honest; I just hope that people enjoy learning to use this program as I do and that We can continue to share this educational experience which I have found fulfilling and rewarding.

And to that end I've been thinking about making a nice vocals processor that has a built in technology such as the mini boom switch built in.
So, the order of effects would be as such:

+ High Pass, Low pass
+ Reverb
+ ZDF EQ (with de-esser option after)
+ De-Esser
+ RBJ/Standard 3 band EQ for polish
+ Mini Boom switch Derivative
+ Newly remade Doubler: hydra (with five band option of doubling / chorus) in tandem with a crossover EQ
+ Virtual presence similar to AXP Flextron

Like I said, I'm just glad to be here and learning how to use this software to its fullest extent. The VA Raxs has one of the best EQ's and treatment of Volume and I was inspired by the abilities of Flowstone/Synthmaker since.
I don't think there's ever been anything as good as VA Raxs and between that and Martin Vicanek's stuff; I think both have made Me a music career potentially.
Though I have other software like Blue Cat's plug N' script and soon want to play with synthedit and Hise; I cannot dismiss that VA Raxs has the most realistic Studio sound ever created. So, VST3, and AAX, AU is all good, but ultimately not as good "sounding".
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: New Project: Mini Boom Switch

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:02 pm

This is a great utility, But I think If I were to add some LFO it would really pop.
Also, I modded some RBJ filters which I could replace thee old ones with in this project.

It would be ideal as they are much more efficient.

Here's some tracks that I used this effect with:

Rap: Fade Away (click to view on Youtube)

Symphonical: Fisher King (click to view on YouTube)

RAP: Cause We have Love (click to view on Youtube)

EDM: Freefall: (click to view on Youtube)

EDM: (click to view on Youtube)

Rap: Breakbeat Dinosaurs: (click to view on Youtube)

Rap: Me & J (click to view on Youtube)

Rap: Parables of Dominoes (click to view on Youtube)
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples