Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Noob Schematic

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Noob Schematic

Postby Nickateenbeats » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:15 am

As someone who loves Samplers, i keep finding myself going back to this schematic. I changed a few things in hopes that im on the right path of creating a poly ROM player. You can have a look at it and leave feedback. I must admit i did not read any manual, i kind of just purchased and dove right in so if the schematic is a fail my apologies.
Attachments
4303_ROM Player v1.0.1 Pitch EDIT.fsm
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 823 times
Nickateenbeats

Re: Noob Schematic

Postby Spogg » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 am

Unfortunately I couldn’t hear anything. There are too many fundamental errors!

You have a mix of poly and green and no means of opening a channel. And no poly to mono output.

You need a full poly MIDI system and an envelope generator to control the creation and closing of voice channels.

You confess to not having read the manuals so this is your next step, which is essential.

Good luck!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Nickateenbeats » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:31 am

Thanks for the feedback! I guess i should read the manual as it seems like it's a must with flowstone. One day i will create a poly ROM lol
Nickateenbeats

Postby Spogg » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 am

Yes, as you’ve probably realised, FlowStone is not really one of those programs where you just piece together pre-made modules and you’ve got a synth or effect, even though there are many high level modules available.

It’s a very deep program which allows immense choice and flexibility, but at the expense, you could say, of immediacy.

In my view it’s analogous to electronics, where you have to wire up many components knowing what they do individually and how they interact to form a complete project.
Of course it’s not electronics (some people start off thinking it is), but the basic principle of making functions from small parts holds true.

For this reason, you stand little chance unless you read and understand the manuals, study existing schematics and experiment to test your knowledge and understanding.

I wish you much success, and if you can’t figure something out we’re always willing to help clarify.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to User Examples