Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Read Text File & Display Selected Text String(s)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Read Text File & Display Selected Text String(s)

Postby tiffy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I am just playing around with this Flowstone software. Maybe one day in the far [or hopefully near] future, who knows, Flowstone may perhaps advance their software by such a margin to enable me [and others like myself] to work more efficiently with all popular music file formats and with functions included to ff/rew etc. - until then it would not pay off to buy the software. Anyhow, here follows a simple little schematic which can read a text file & display its contents i.e. Selected Text Strings. The Text Strings in the Text File [you must make your own] must be separated with commas [i.e. John,Wiley,Robert,Jimmy and so on]. The 'Load button' enables the software to load the Text File [*.txt] from any directory that you prefer and the Bitmap Knob can then be manipulated to display the Text Strings one at a time [which must be separated by commas] contained in the Text File. Currently only ten [10] Text Strings separated by commas can be displayed but, you can easily alter the schematic to suit your needs. What else did I forget to say? Oh yea, credit to the person who's bitmap knob I have 'stolen' for this small project - there is no existing identification so I do not know to whom it belongs.

Updated version [101] uses two parts less, I forgot to take them out.

Regards
:(
Attachments
Read Text File & Display Selected Text Strings v101].fsm
(19.48 KiB) Downloaded 1294 times
Read Text File & Display Selected Text Strings.fsm
(19.59 KiB) Downloaded 1247 times
tiffy

Re: Read Text File & Display Selected Text String(s)

Postby Nubeat7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:48 pm

using ruby for strings is pretty comfortable, in this example you can load any txt file, it finds the size by it self, and with some regex you can choose to show things between commas, charakters, whitespace, and lines... and there are much more...
Attachments
ReadTxTRrubyRegex.fsm
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 1378 times
Nubeat7

Postby tiffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 am

Nubeat7 wrote:using ruby for strings is pretty comfortable, in this example you can load any txt file, it finds the size by it self, and with some regex you can choose to show things between commas, charakters, whitespace, and lines... and there are much more...

Thx Nubeat7, very instructive - appreciate.
tiffy

Postby aiza » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:42 am

Great work, guys - this is just what FS3 needs now, a big selection of cool user modules so that folks get a good choice of different 'looks' etc., and stuff to learn from.
aiza

Return to User Examples