Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom Harpverb: A stringy kinda sound...

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: The Quilcom Harpverb: A stringy kinda sound...

Postby trogluddite » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Spogg wrote:To sum it up would “…well, it depends…” be an appropriate view?

Ha ha, Yes, always! These modern CPUs and multi-tasking OS are too clever by half - might as well call them non-deterministic! Mind you, I'm always the first to forget Donald Knuth's old maxim; "Premature optimisation is the root of all evil!" :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby trogluddite » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Since I was working on "MIDI Helpers" anyway, here's a little module that borrows some code from there in a way that you might find useful...
chord_maker.fsm
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 870 times

This should enable the 'chord' control to be set by playing notes from a MIDI keyboard (there's a boolean output for each note name). Notes are added to the chord for as long as at least one note is held (i.e. overlapping notes.) The octave and MIDI channel of notes is disregarded. When you let go of the keys, the chord is frozen in place until you play the first note of the next chord. When the 'Enable' input is turned off, all outputs are set false, so hopefully, it shouldn't interfere with any other button logic (besides a way of selecting how MIDI gets routed.)

PS) HarpVerb is working beautifully on my bass, as predicted. When used "full wet", I can get some rather beautiful (or incredibly spooky!) pads out of it very easily! :D
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Spogg wrote:I have to tell you that it was tulamide who decided on the core colour scheme and he also designed a range of new logos for me.

It must be at least a year, that I'm trying to build a template for Spogg, like a GUI toolbox to grab from and some basic layouts to choose from. Unfortunately I'm the slowest of all and inspiration doesn't always strike. So, until finished, you can enjoy Spogg's own GUI compositions, which, to my greatest joy, get better and better with each plugin (it was a long way from his first one :lol: ).
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby trogluddite » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:28 pm

tulamide wrote:It must be at least a year, that I'm trying to build a template for Spogg

Ah, I noticed the little "resources" module in Spogg's schematic. Is this an expensive service?! :lol:
The colours and combined knobs/logo look good; distinctive but not distracting from the function of things at all.
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 am

trogluddite wrote:... here's a little module that borrows some code from there in a way that you might find useful...

That’s simply stunning, to me anyway. :o
Thank you so much for that.

I think it could add a new level of functionality to the Harpverb. I can imagine singing (not me!) while fingering chords to go with the melody. There is currently a facility to shift the current chord root note with the last key pressed, but not to change the chords’ actual notes on the fly.
A simple selector button could offer the choice.

I’m deeply into my new project at the moment but I’ll definitely try this out for a possible version 2, along with removing those pesky unused streamouts. Of course, if you would like to do this MIDI chord thing yourself please feel free.
Anything I share can be used in any way anybody wants.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am

Spogg wrote:I can imagine singing (not me!)

Ha ha, same here - that's why I was always in punk bands! :lol: Got me thinking, though - I have a pitch-correction plugin that uses a similar system, so if that were patched in front of HarpVerb receiving the same note info, it might make an interesting "sing-thesiser"!

Spogg wrote:Of course, if you would like to do this MIDI chord thing yourself please feel free.

OK, I might take a look at that while I've some extra time over the Easter holidays. I just didn't want to jump straight in and leave you in "source control hell" with different version branches all over the place.
trogluddite

Postby Halon » Fri May 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Im a fan of PianoVerb myself so will sure like this aswell. Thanks :)
Halon

Postby Spogg » Sun May 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi all

I’ve now updated the Harpverb to version 2.
The main change is the addition of trogluddite’s excellent Ruby MIDI chord freeze, which adds considerably to the creative possibilities and ease of use.

Thanks be to trog!

The download below includes the original user guide with the update info at the end. Of course it also contains the schematic and VST plugin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktto83b73tj7v ... 2.zip?dl=0

Have fun!

Spogg
Spogg

Previous

Return to User Examples