Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Auto Updatey Thing

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Auto Updatey Thing

Postby trogluddite » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Having to re-load bitmaps whenever you tinker in an image editor can be a PITA; even a global "update" trigger is a faff if you don't happen to have the right schematic module visible at the time. So I thought I'd see if I could find a way to do this automatically (partly because I'd also like to make editing Ruby in a proper code editor easier - hopefully coming soon!)

Using Ruby's 'Win32API' module, I've managed to make a couple of little modules that will send out a trigger whenever the window focus returns to FlowStone after you've been using a different application - and there are some ready-made modules for using this to auto-update bitmaps (just dropping in a few wireless receivers should work to add this feature to existing schematics without having to rewire everything.)

Note that these are strictly "developer tools" only, intended for automatic re-loading of resources that you're editing elsewhere during the creation of a schematic. Unfortunately Ruby's 'Win32API' library doesn't work in exports, so they can't work in plugins/executables (hence modules have been made purgable where appropriate.)

FlowStone 3.0.6 or above is required.
auto_updater_01_01.fsm
(4.21 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: Auto Updatey Thing

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 pm

this is an interesting idea. Thank You for sharing it. :)
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples