Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

"The dancing lady" synth - Add some animation to you project

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

"The dancing lady" synth - Add some animation to you project

Postby kortezzzz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Just for fun, here is a simple example how to add a running gif. style animation into your synths :)
The lady in the picture will dance as long as you keep playing midi. You can control the speed of her moves from slow motion speed to "Charlie Chaplin on steroids". If you like it, I can demonstrate some more animation methods.

Cheers!
Attachments
(Dancing lady synth).fsm
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 916 times
kortezzzz

Re: "The dancing lady" synth - Add some animation to you pro

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am

What fun! :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Phil Thalasso » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 am

Thank you kortezzzz.

Didn't know this was possible. That opens great possibilities for making nice looking things.

Have a good day.

Regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:43 pm

The most interesting, 'One Note Samba' I ever played :lol:
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Excellent! I like it when folks have fun with FS like this! :D

kortezzzz wrote:Charlie Chaplin on steroids

Hang on. When have you seen me dancing, then? :o
It's too uncanny a simulation just to be a coincidence (though I'm not half as pretty, of course!) :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am

trogluddite wrote:
kortezzzz wrote:Charlie Chaplin on steroids

Hang on. When have you seen me dancing, then? :o
It's too uncanny a simulation just to be a coincidence (though I'm not half as pretty, of course!) :lol:

:lol:

Nobody dance like that since the 90' left us for good :roll:
In the nowadays, everybody just hold a glass of cocktail and nod their head from left to right and vice versa. The dancing clubs are quite boring in this generation. You probably shine at every party you visit 8-)
kortezzzz

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm

kortezzzz wrote:In the nowadays, everybody just hold a glass of cocktail and nod their head from left to right and vice versa.

It's the same here, and it mystifies me too. I have a couple of friends that I sometimes go to see new bands with; we're all nearly fifty now - they're usually cheap college/university gigs, so the rest of the audience are usually late-teens/twenties. It seems that us old-timers are the only ones that show our appreciation by getting to the front and having a boogie. It's not for me to tell others how they should enjoy themselves, of course; but I find it a bit sad, and I wonder what it must be like to be one of the musicians, playing to an audience of statues and waved-about mobile-phones (it would have worried me back in the days when I played in bands!)

kortezzzz wrote:You probably shine at every party you visit

Funny story. At a gig a few years ago, someone tapped me on the shoulder at the end to say how much they had enjoyed seeing someone "letting it all go" and boogying like crazy. She was a very pretty, young woman. When I turned around to answer her, and she finally saw my wrinkly old face and grey beard - instant :o . I thought she was going to faint with the shock!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:06 pm

trogluddite wrote: I find it a bit sad, and I wonder what it must be like to be one of the musicians, playing to an audience of statues and waved-about mobile-phones (it would have worried me back in the days when I played in bands!)

That's why more and more artists push their crowd to open a facebook "story" and record them while they perform. They prefer these phones recording a video of the show instead of just showing facebook feeds that stealing the whole attention from the youngsters.

trogluddite wrote:Funny story. At a gig a few years ago, someone tapped me on the shoulder at the end to say how much they had enjoyed seeing someone "letting it all go" and boogying like crazy. She was a very pretty, young woman. When I turned around to answer her, and she finally saw my wrinkly old face and grey beard - instant :o . I thought she was going to faint with the shock!

Nahhhh, Maybe she was shocked to see a man in the age of her father burning the dance floor, since most of the '40+ dudes are couch Batatas. Until technology will make us forever young, I promised my self that I'll never fall into seniority. I'm in my '40 and still feel like 25 years old. Love your attitude ;)
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:25 pm

I didn’t dare dance until I was too old for it to matter.
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Spogg wrote:I didn’t dare dance until I was too old for it to matter.

My shyness was what made me a dancer, I think - I had a choice of either hit the dance floor or, eeew, try to do talking to people and stuff! :lol:
trogluddite

Next

Return to User Examples