Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

"Street fighter Ken's synth" - Let's make Ken fly & kick

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

"Street fighter Ken's synth" - Let's make Ken fly & kick

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:43 am

Hi,
In this example I used trog's Ruby knob to seed the moving bitmap. Although The motion is originally fixed to a given area (like any other knob), an external counter that messes with the X point makes this knobs move a cross the X scale. The results: Ken is flying and kicking with every midi note you play :)
kortezzzz

Re: "Street fighter Ken's synth" - Let's make Ken fly & kick

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 am

Hello all, hi kortezzzz,

could you next please wire a module that allows path animation :-) ?
Seriously, I think that with the last two schematics you did lay the basis for really neat looking surfaces and maybe interfaces.

Best Regards and thank you
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby tulamide » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:23 pm

I still dream of re-creating this in Flowstone:

http://www.dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3527&p=19498#p19498

Old dl link doesn't work anymore. If you want to give it a try, use this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26ghzpsqdorv6le/Dancer.rar?dl=0
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi phill,
Attached a schematic to this post. In this schematic I also added controls for the Y scale sequence. Path animation based on X,Y scale would be possible (I think) If someone could create in Ruby some module that can allow us to draw a path. Unfortunately, it's beyond my coding skills, but once you have an easy way to create path array, all you have to do is creating a desired sequence and run it according to that array.

Hi tulamide,
Couldn't open your EXE. It's asking for August 2008 directx end user runtime update, which I doubt if can be found anywhere. If you have a link, add it.
Attachments
(GIRL IN MOTION ANIMATION).fsm
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 874 times
kortezzzz

Postby trogluddite » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Hmmm. Path animations? Physics simulations? (your dancer looks very cool tulamide, as does Ken, of course!)
This puts me in mind of a bit of fun I programmed a while back...
outer_space.fsm
(64.59 KiB) Downloaded 885 times

(NB: Intercepts keyboard input, see the module properties for which keys - or you may prefer to use an XBox controller! Also, on my system, the audio doesn't always work when I enable ASIO - saving the schematic with ASIO already enabled seems to fix this.)
Happy Easter, all. Enjoy! :D

And here's a quick demo of an alternative way to animate by moving a 'child' module's MGUI within its parent's MGUI. This is quite handy, as it often saves the need for complicated view area calculations in the child, and is easily added to an existing module. There are some comments inside the various modules about the common 'gotchas' for this technique (all Green, but can be done in Ruby, too)...
Lissajou Bird.fsm
(257.53 KiB) Downloaded 857 times
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:49 pm

Wow Trog! :o

Thank you for my Easter presents. Amazing mate!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello you all, kortezzzz and tulamide,

first of all thank you for taking up this idea and adding a second dimension, kortezzzz. This is very cool and I promise that I'll try to make something pretty with it - although, as usual, it might not be directly useful :-)

I do attach a "drawable" envelope from the archives. Maybe that could do the trick with the path animation, as you do receive some sort of "keyframes". Implementing such thing is way beyond my understanding of flowstone, just an idea, that someone knowledgable might want to pursue.

@Tulamide: I assume that one way to implement something very basic along your impressive concept would be to come up with a highly stylized dancer (like Eicher's logos), convert these into a display of sorts and attach a threshold module to make the dancer move.

I guess a project like that would be far easier to implement with Trapcode Soundkeys in AE / C4D. With that written down, it would still be an enormous amount of work, unless you already have a rigged model.

On that occasion: I wish you all a good and happy upcoming Easter week-end, with lots of sunshine and good feelings inside!

Best Regards
Phil
Attachments
envelope from the archives.fsm
(25.13 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
Last edited by Phil Thalasso on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phil Thalasso

Postby tulamide » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:21 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Hi tulamide,
Couldn't open your EXE. It's asking for August 2008 directx end user runtime update, which I doubt if can be found anywhere. If you have a link, add it.

Don't worry, that's what I said. It needs some files from DirectX 9.0c (the last DX9). PCs with Win10 or 8 usually don't have it included anymore. But it's safe to install as it will never overwrite existing files, just adding those missing. Here's a direct link on the Microsoft server:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

@Phil Yes, it would be a tremendous amount of work, because wou would have to build all the tools yourself. For example, for the physics simulation I used Box2D. I wouldn't want to program something like that :lol: The basics are not that hard, but when it comes to details (like reading bone informations or joint restraints) it becomes a project over years!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Came back from a little vacation and found out those beautiful surprises here. Who needs more? 8-)

trog :o a true pioneer :) After a long weekend, I finally have some free time tonight, so I'll dig inside and as always, will try to understand what you did there. Thanks for that 8-) This is f...ing awesome!

Phill, I'm afraid tulamide's explanation says it all. But the envelope you've uploaded is winking me so I'm definitely going to try to cook something from it ;)

tulamide, finally saw your dancing puppet. It's marvelous :D
I'm curious: how exactly you make it move like that? Are those body parts can be replaced by bitmaps? ;)
I can, for example, take a cartoon character image, break it a part in photoshop and the you can replace these shapes with real body part images and give it a real cool looking. Moreover, you can use round robin style images switch and for instance, put different kind of facial expressions when the volume goes higher (or any other condition) :)
kortezzzz

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:03 pm

Love that bird !.
Would be cool to be able to animate a dot or something with an array.
So just the x/Y movement , does anyone have anything like that ?
lalalandsynth

Next

Return to User Examples