Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Question (using external to .dll bitmap images?)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Question (using external to .dll bitmap images?)

Postby Ricciardo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello flowstone forum users, i am a Fruity Loops user, and i have been messing around with FL version of flowstone...
i have registered in your forum for the porpuse of making this question...

i wonder if its possible to use a path with bitmaps, instead of load the bitmaps and save them inside the .dll...

i have been trying to know more about sysfolders, and start folder primitives in order to check if this is possible but i havend find much information, i have been on the old synthmaker forum trying to also find it, but it i didnt found any example or text information in how to do it...

i also wonder, if with the new ruby implementation is now possible to do it?

but unfortunaly i dont know much about coding, but if i just had an example, perhaps i could understand the process and starting using a starting folder with data for the plugin, instead of using everything inside the .dll, turning the plugin more eavier per instance than it should...

by the way, this is my new prototype,
http://s10.postimg.org/mute2kcu1/shot.png , i am using PNG files for doing everything, and thats why this represents a major "load" in the memory, the plugin it self is so far very light (less than 3000 components) as i have being cuting in everything, inluiding using only a source to load a knot bitmap for every knobs, but if i just learn how to use the external path way, that would represent a HUGE advancement and turn the plugin really light, as i could also start loading binary´s for waves and other sorts of data externaly...

so i would apreciate the help, and tank you for all the users who have been sharing modules and examples, i learned from all of you, i collected more than 200 OSM examples and that was my starting point.
Ricciardo

Return to User Examples