Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

multifunctional slider

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: multifunctional slider

Postby RJHollins » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:00 am

Hi NuBeat ...

I'm revisiting this Multi-slider as I'm now looking to implement.

With only a minor adjustments/mods that I needed to do [mostly with the button selector that was made by another esteemed programmer here] ... the whole piece was hinging on an important function.

This mult-slider is handling 2 different [CC] controllers. [and it does this very well] :D

My project has a feature that allows a family of tightly related patches to be inter-changed, while also retaining the User parameters that were set. Basically, after a pre-programmed 'delay' to allow for the patch change, I then re-send the user settings for the several settings. Works great, and allows A:B comparisons of the patches intact.

When I got to the multi-slider ... the 'active' mode was working as planned, but the 'in-active' settings were not going out .... hmmmm ... thought about a type of QUEUE or S&H ... etc ...

Throughout, I keep wondering why NuBeat had an ARRAY output included with the multi-slider ... and now I now why :o

With the slider set for 2 conditions ... each one is stored in this array. Nothing short of BRILLIANT :mrgreen:

By using a 'SELECT' prim, I can access the 'other, in-active' value through a 'GETAT' prim being fed from this included ARRAY output.

I have just realized the option that has been provided, and am very hopeful that I can complete the chain of events to follow my in-place routine that will now pass BOTH values out MIDI.

This is a very useful module created ... especially when conserving on GUI size, or minimizing extra 'clutter' that only one or the other is really needed [but the User can make that decision]. And yes, the PreSet Manager is monitoring/recording everything.

Now to put it all together ! :o
:lol:
RJHollins

Postby Quentin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 am

So I am trying to leverage your good work for my own purposes.. and gain a better understanding of the preset primatives. The preset string makes sense to me, each preset is defined by its name. I get confused with the preset array module- I would expect it to be analogous to the preset string, name being a unique entity but in my example, it is behaving as a single array, regardless of name.
I think I'm missing something..
Thanks
Quentin
Attachments
preset_question.fsm
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 1029 times
Quentin

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:28 pm

dont understand what you want to do exactly but i would assume you want to save different units in one array,
so after one unit has 3 parameters you need to get a defined place for each unit in the array ...

unit 1 -> index 0-2
unit 2 -> index 3-5
unit 3 -> index 6-8

here is an example of how this coould be done
Attachments
preset_question.fsm
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 1054 times
Nubeat7

Postby trogluddite » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 pm

See also HERE - possibly a bug in the String->Array conversion when using "multi-line" edit boxes...
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Previous

Return to User Examples