Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:31 pm

Whic ones do you guys prefer , Style 2 with fonts for the Gate , freeze and reverse on the bottom or Style 1 with thos fonts for Gate , freeze and reverse on top ?

I am unsure about on the top but dont really like them on the bottom either.
I do think it flows better on top but Just a bit unsure if its confusing from a user perpective that it belongs to the buttons ? Any thoughts?
Attachments
Style 2.jpg
Style 2.jpg (88.97 KiB) Viewed 12976 times
Stle1.jpg
Stle1.jpg (88.07 KiB) Viewed 12976 times
lalalandsynth

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:35 pm

@lala: looks fantastic, can't wait to see it all put together. Is it OK if I host the final product on my Web site? I'd credit you and all other contributors of course.
@Spogg: in freeze mode, if you keep feeding it with the input signalm, the amplitude grows forever. That's why I turned it off, although I agree, it woud be nice to have the reverbed sound along with the frozen sound. But that would take two MVerb 7 units if I am not mistaken.
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Of course you can share it , It will be 64 bit though , I keep forgetting that I am using the alpha .
But its stable and will be thoroughly tested.

Can I share it as well , as freeware - Martin Vicanek - LalalandAudio Collab or something ?
But if you want to sell it or make it exclusive then that is also fine with me, I mainly wanted to give something back here.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that I dont have a site yet so I can just link to yours.!

Also , need to find some function for that Reverse switch ...not sure at the moment.
Last edited by lalalandsynth on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 pm

If anyone feels like making presets for the final version that would be cool.
Small- Medium- Large __catagories or even more catagories ?
Just name them accordingly .
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm still making My version too. I thought so it would be original, I will add Haas as an option as well as stereo width maybe using an envelope. I also want to use an envelope to smooth the release time a bit.

It's almost done, I'm using no images, it's all using math and vectors. I like scalable. Perhaps someday flowstone will allow scaling, and when it does; My new designs should be ready for that.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:30 pm

The alpha allows scaling, maybe even your version ? Check if you have the view size prim.
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:04 pm

Final version for today , been at this all day , finally got everything working.

Question though , the Tone control , how does it work , lowpass , highpass , shelf ?
I guess I could test but would like to know as I might have to animate the knob differently if its Centered as default?

Martin GUI.gif
Martin GUI.gif (228.03 KiB) Viewed 12968 times
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:41 am

Here's the background I made; I did'nt have all day to work on it. I was going to go for a round pltinum see through steel style. Sort of like the old TDK watches.

It's full vector; And it's an exciting style:

Here's the schematic used to achieve that:
mverb 7 vector bg.fsm
just a bg
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Spogg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:14 am

martinvicanek wrote:@Spogg: in freeze mode, if you keep feeding it with the input signalm, the amplitude grows forever. That's why I turned it off, although I agree, it woud be nice to have the reverbed sound along with the frozen sound. But that would take two MVerb 7 units if I am not mistaken.

Well yes, but it’s not the whole story...

My current project is a simple looper which you can add sound to and thus build up indefinitely. With one loop recorded you get a certain level. Then you add another and it increases. But adding further takes doesn’t double the peak amplitude each time, because you get cancellation as well as addition as the compound wave gets denser.
I’m no maths guy, but it seems there is some sort of log function going on, in that the first couple of iterations have a significant effect but each further iteration has a progressively reduced effect, like you would get when mixing down tracks.
My original Freeze switch allowed for this and I had some fun with it. Users would quickly realise that the initial wet level needed to be turned down a bit. In any case, it would be an option to use it or not.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am

Why is the Gate function a 3 state switch ?
And how does the Tone shaping work ?
I guess the pre delay numeric value is in samples at the moment ?

Also need a volume control and wet/dry.
I could make those unless you want to make them yourself Martin or Spogg ?

Also , a lot of artifacts when moving the Pre-Delay.
And quite a volume jump when i hit Freeze.

And , how many presets should be available for saving ?
lalalandsynth

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples