Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:17 pm

very cool stuff!
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:42 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:very cool stuff!

Yep, Here's even better. I wanted to make an algorithm which automatically resizes font based on current height. That works. I also wanted soemthing automatic which helped to the center the fonts more effectively, did that.

It was a real headache playing with the math; admittedly I screwed up a few times had to go back, but now I have the system down. I attended to some of the buttons to ensure that they will come out looking great. here they are:

Press the small image to watch the Youtube.com version of the vid:
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 pm

I guess this will have to work with the view scale ?
I know it works in the alpha ,but dont know if that prim is in the previous 32 bit version.

The user would need to be able to scale it once its a VST.

Awesome stuff btw.
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 am

lalalandsynth wrote:I guess this will have to work with the view scale ?
I know it works in the alpha ,but dont know if that prim is in the previous 32 bit version.

Awesome stuff btw.

Oh Yeah, still works. And I know it's weird. But effects made carefully with prim shapes seem to sound better. I like images, but then they're white in colour they're often tough sounding. I figured I'd arrive with some shapes and My new architecture. lol. I've thought about why. I might actually have the answer. It may have to do with the hue, sat to rgb conversion while processing the c++. It seems the best balance is in between black and white; And gradients best I guess. But lines if they have biege, the result seems to sound dull. So I don't know if its a science lol.

Maybe a good guess?

Anyways, here's the new design with working knobs. I've already worked out the architecture to space and place the other four. And the effect behind the knobs is also reproducible.

Pretty fun to work with all this math. At first it gave Me this gnawing headache. But now it's a lull.
BTW, the digitonix knobs are there so that You can test the knobs moving.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:56 am

lalalandsynth wrote:I guess this will have to work with the view scale ?

Awesome stuff btw.

Yeah, well; We'll see if that's available in the new version. But the reason I wanted it to be able to scale is so that You can convert a psd into a new vstfx. because now it allows You to enter the pixel width height and x y offset just like in photoshop. And then it automatically places it on your schematic based on percentile. So, it's not just size but whether or not rectangular, etc.

I'd been practicing a while back and realized steel bg's can be made with gradients and sunbursts. I mean; all in all it is not that much different from inkscape. I think the only real difference is the ability to clip shapes at certain points like ruby can. but ruby can do that, but obviously You'd want to use it less.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:11 am

Ok, the colours having an effect on the sound would need proof .
You know what they say , extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.
So either you have an extraordinary capability for placebo or you have spotted something incredible!

:)

In any event , this stuff is very cool. Wonder if it could be made more editing friendly for someone like me , I have no idea what does what .
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:13 am

It would need some restrictions so this cannot happen.
Slight Problem.gif
Slight Problem.gif (2.34 MiB) Viewed 12620 times
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:10 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:It would need some restrictions so this cannot happen.
Slight Problem.gif

Yeah, but in the case of colours I mean; figure there is no functions all of that data is on the same page. People say "colour" what if colour is just a bunch of ones and zeroes added to the sound?

I think it's as simple as that. But beyond that, the scaling is really only there for the developer. Once You decide on the scale then flowstone can scale it as it usually does. To make it a perfect science would involve more math. But, I mean as a designer; the ability to move a bit here and there without having to reposition everything? priceless.

I will be done this 100% this evening. Taken longer than I thought, but it's a pilot project.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm

So, I've improved as You asked I should lala, I changed the percentile to be a division of four of the main width (wireless:owidth) and height (oheight) by percentile.

Also, I've made sure the text resizes and added text to knobs and now I'm moving on to the other details.

Here's a small vid of that. press it to see the Youtube version:

Here's the schematic:
lala mverb 27.fsm
New version - possible optimization soon.
(629.31 KiB) Downloaded 808 times

Interestingly, I can probably use one set of prims for all small knobs bringing the efficiency up a bit. Though I'm not sure technically if that is also possible with x variance. I'll take a look.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Wassaka » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Omg! I love how it sounds, I also really like that being convolution you can change white noise by an atonal loop, such as a wind loop, to achieve a unique reverberation effect. Good job Martin, I love it!
Wassaka

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples