Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Postby lalalandsynth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 am

Btw, how do you do the markings , the magnifier etc ? Is it a font ?
lalalandsynth

Postby adamszabo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Its the "Webdings" font, which are icons instead of letters:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/9f/fa ... 6c4090.gif
adamszabo

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:12 pm

adamszabo wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:My vst fx sound great though. No denying that. some of the best in the biz right

Please show me, I would love to hear it. Why do you assume they are some of the best? Did they stand the test of time, were they used in thousands of hit records and its now the industry standard? Now THAT would be some of the best in the biz. The arrogance is sky high here I am amazed. Anyway, one goes further being modest and humble, Ill leave you to think you are one of the greatest plugin maker on the planet.

Well, native instruments is a great synth in the way of Absynth and FM. But now that there's no random patches; They sell less. It seems because We are still only making VST2 that We need to exploit every advantage. It was not a critique, but an admirer giving a suggestion.

As far as these critiques go, I wasn't going to engage in any kind of negative feedback. But if You feel up to it; We could have a friendly sound quality competition. Let's see (if You have the free time) if You can keep up. So that rather than carrying on, sitegoers can at least get some free vstfx out of it lol. Just a thought.

You can download My vstfx here:
https://leattol.com/work/

also here:
https://bigdreamproducer.com

and here:
EQ: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/la-bands-2-15-band-graphic-eq-by-king-oz-records/details
Limiter: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/la-school-esquire-limiter-by-king-oz-records

and here too:
http://flowstoners.com/flowmates/

And thanks Lala, Your idea is very like mine. But I gave it thought and realized ultimately if I was to make a system out of this so that it is faster, ultimately it's better to do without automatic scaling. It's a big headache and just using ratios to make a secondary shape less or more is much simpler. Also, I can do it with less CPU. If Flowstone scales; It's good enough.

I think the only thing which should scale automatically though is fonts. I'll definitely add that.

24 kb now will be only 12kb or 10 when done. Which is preferred.

And perhaps I may make a tutorial that shows My "theory" about smoothness and colour and what seems to work. If I can break it down into working examples, sliders knobs, the results etc; Maybe there would be less intrigue.

BTW, does'nt it seem like We should have contests for synths and fx? It seems too bad that We don't. It would be fun. Maybe Adam would win?

BTW, I'll be commercial too soon at:
http://vstplug.com/
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby adamszabo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 pm

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Well, native instruments is a great synth in the way of Absynth and FM. But now that there's no random patches; They sell less.

But why do you state everything as a fact? How do you know how much Native Instruments sells of each of their plugins? Do you work at this company and have inside info? And even if they would sell less, how does that correlate with patch randomization? FL Studio has patch randomization buit in their vst wrapper so one can randomize any vst it does not need to be built in, so I dont think it should matter. My guess would be that Absynth and FM8 are old synths and people now spend their money on new things.

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:It seems because We are still only making VST2 that We need to exploit every advantage. It was not a critique, but an admirer giving a suggestion

Most, if not all DAWS still support Vst2 and it wont be dead for a very long time, again I dont see a correlation with which vst version you use and the success of a plugin. The advantage does not come from theories that multiplication sounds better, or different colors on the gui make the vst sound nicer. The advantage comes from a great product period. Make something interesting and exciting no one has seen before. Does one really need more eq plugins? There are millions of them out there and the market is already very saturated, no one will care if you make another eq plugin. Or if you do, mak it do something no one else has done before. Thats where the advantage comes from, and not that we are "only" using FlowStone.

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:And perhaps I may make a tutorial that shows My "theory" about smoothness and colour and what seems to work. If I can break it down into working examples, sliders knobs, the results etc; Maybe there would be less intrigue.

Sure I would love to see you prove it, and just as lala said, making these extraordinary claims requires an equally solid demonstration.
adamszabo

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:30 am

Yeah, well Here's My latest track using My plugins: (click to watch Youtube vid)

BTW Guys, today I had to drop off My newer Comp to the shop so was busy all day. Schoolwork tonight too. I'll try to finish GUI tomorrow.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby k brown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:06 am

To bring this way down to something for the old farts around here (like me ;) ) a decidedly old-school GUI in the style of vintage Pultec compressors.

MVerb 7B_p copy.jpg
MVerb 7B_p copy.jpg (15.74 KiB) Viewed 12938 times

MVerb7B_p.fsm
(292.04 KiB) Downloaded 822 times

With FS 3.0.8.1
Last edited by k brown on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm

k brown wrote:To bring this way down to something for the old farts around here (like me ;) ) a decidedly old-school GUI in the style of vintage Pultec compressors.

MVerb 7B_p copy.jpg

MVerb7B_p.fsm

With FS 3.0.8.1

I like that too :)
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby trogluddite » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:29 pm

adamszabo wrote:Sure I would love to see you prove it, and just as lala said, making these extraordinary claims requires an equally solid demonstration.

Here we go...

- In the McGurk effect, replacing the audio in a video of someone speaking a word with the sound of a different word can make us hear something which matches neither the sound nor the visuals - even being told what's going on often doesn't change people's perception of this illusion.

- In this experiment, people consistently rated red trains as louder than green ones, despite the sound being identical.

- When testing new drugs, the placebo effect is strongest for red pills when a stimulant effect is expected, but stronger for blue pills when a depressant effect is expected.

- Folks with certain forms of synaesthesia can see sounds, hear colours, smell numbers, taste days of the week, and many other kinds of sensory/cognitive "cross-talk" (I have audio/visual to tactile/proprioceptive synaesthesia myself - probably a consequence of my autism, along with several other sensory quirks; hence my fascination with perceptual psychology and neurology.)

I don't believe that LeAttol is trolling, and I do believe him when he says that he can perceive a difference. However, IMHO, the answer is far more likely to be found in perceptual psychology than in digital signal processing. And yes, these perceptual effects do mean that your choice of GUI will affect some potential customers' perceptions of how your plugin sounds!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby adamszabo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Interesting thanks! I knew about some of them already, but since this is a programming forum, I thought we are creating plugins/applications using strict logical guidelines and not philosophical stuff. Multiplication mutiplies, Addidion adds, Subtraction subtracts and so on. I dont think we would be able to program at all of people say that sometimes multiplication creates an addition or any other nonsense. The same with colors, its not taught in schools and not a confirmed phenomenon that a red gui always makes the plugin sounds better. Those are just experiments and not facts. Lets treat them that way ;)
adamszabo

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm

adamszabo wrote:Interesting thanks! I knew about some of them already, but since this is a programming forum, I thought we are creating plugins/applications using strict logical guidelines and not philosophical stuff. Multiplication mutiplies, Addidion adds, Subtraction subtracts and so on. I dont think we would be able to program at all of people say that sometimes multiplication creates an addition or any other nonsense. The same with colors, its not taught in schools and not a confirmed phenomenon that a red gui always makes the plugin sounds better. Those are just experiments and not facts. Lets treat them that way ;)

You know, I feel that this is a way to get more free Equalizers off of Me. This banter back and forth, hrm. But that's fine - because I was going to give more EQ's anyways. But Here's the EQ that sold Me on the idea of knobs adding colour. It's called the captain; But being that there's another captain product I'll rename it the eagle.

You know if You want a free EQ that sounds this way or that way or does this or that You could just ask. Anyways, halon wanted colour; And this is the most realistic analog microphone sound I've heard. But strangely, it uses the exact same filters as LA Bands 1 uses.. Which Is why I started wondering about colour. After making the captain.

And BTW, as pro as some of us might be this is still a product for non-programmers to make programming. I mean just because some are further up the hill how snobby can We be realistically, I wonder. If there was a place for some novice theory I think here would be it. Anyways, enjoy the "Eagle". I'm doing pre-liminaries for an essay in numeracy right now. Tata.

Don't forget, I've had 5 years of free time to do whatever with. I've been mixing music all of that time, day in, day out and now I'm close to getting to be a pro.

download
https://web.archive.org/web/20200212195000/http://dsprobotics.com/support/download/file.php?id=8989
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples