Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MVerb 7 - yet another reverb?

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Can this be used as a regular convolution verb without a lot of changes ?
I guess not as it expects a continuous signal.

Will finish GUI tomorrow , hopefully.
lalalandsynth

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:36 pm

No, not without major modifications. And a convolution reverb will be much more cpu demanding.
martinvicanek

Postby adamszabo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 pm

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:But effects made carefully with prim shapes seem to sound better.

First you started with that multiplications sound better, now you are claiming that colors on the gui impacts the sound of the effect... I seriously hope you are just trolling us and its just for a big laugh. Right? Tell me its true? Please?

Your gui coding is great I congratulate you for that, but its clear you have either no idea or you have a wrong understanding of how VSTs work. There are different threads calculated in VSTs, the audio thread, gui thread etc. The audio and gui thread do not directly interact with each other and they dont have any effect on the sound! Please lets not spread false information, myths and legends for others! It doesnt matter if the gui has red, green, white, black colors, or whatever RGB value you want, its just information for the pixels in your display. Does your screen product sound? No, it shows an image, so it has nothing to do with sound!
adamszabo

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:54 am

adamszabo wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:But effects made carefully with prim shapes seem to sound better.

First you started with that multiplications sound better, now you are claiming that colors on the gui impacts the sound of the effect... I seriously hope you are just trolling us and its just for a big laugh. Right? Tell me its true? Please?

Your gui coding is great I congratulate you for that, but its clear you have either no idea or you have a wrong understanding of how VSTs work. There are different threads calculated in VSTs, the audio thread, gui thread etc. The audio and gui thread do not directly interact with each other and they dont have any effect on the sound! Please lets not spread false information, myths and legends for others! It doesnt matter if the gui has red, green, white, black colors, or whatever RGB value you want, its just information for the pixels in your display. Does your screen product sound? No, it shows an image, so it has nothing to do with sound!

Well,just a theory pointless to argue about it. My vst fx sound great though. No denying that. some of the best in the biz right? Those who do, do. There's some native instruments synths that tried to sound too smooth and then they removed random presets. Sound and ease of use can change the game. Just an idea. You could probably pay Me to add colour of Your choosing to your synth and I don't doubt that You could figure a way to add random patches to Your synth.

Anyways, here's the latest - It's almost done:
lala mverb 36.fsm
Latest with more conservative checkmarks
(30.69 KiB) Downloaded 800 times

should be done at 10 est.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:55 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Well,just a theory pointless to argue about it.

Indeed. Facts beat fiction, so just forget about this nonsense.

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:My vst fx sound great though. No denying that. some of the best in the biz right? Those who do, do. There's some native instruments synths that tried to sound too smooth and then they removed random presets. Sound and ease of use can change the game. Just an idea. You could probably pay Me to add colour of Your choosing to your synth and I don't doubt that You could figure a way to add random patches to Your synth.
You're either drunk or on drugs, maybe both. Incoherent muttering.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:09 am

tulamide wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Well,just a theory pointless to argue about it.

Indeed. Facts beat fiction, so just forget about this nonsense.

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:My vst fx sound great though. No denying that. some of the best in the biz right? Those who do, do. There's some native instruments synths that tried to sound too smooth and then they removed random presets. Sound and ease of use can change the game. Just an idea. You could probably pay Me to add colour of Your choosing to your synth and I don't doubt that You could figure a way to add random patches to Your synth.
You're either drunk or on drugs, maybe both. Incoherent muttering.

Yeah, or I'm a wizard of some kind lol. Anyways, here's the new version (waves wizard hands around):
lala mverb 40.fsm
Looking more like the mockup
(31.1 KiB) Downloaded 802 times

So, I wanted the curves to be more accurate, more like the mockup. And Looking back I can make the code half the size. I was making a vector slider when I got the chance to use the net; And will be working on this into the evening.

It's always fun to make a project like this. And there will be selectable colours! Should be neat. Lala, I'll make sure to make it easy for You to place everything and I will add the xy detection for mouse control.

Regards everyone. Wizard, I'm a wizard lol.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 am

And I tell You what. later I'll make something that makes everything smooth and lol, that'll be the end of it *rolls eyes
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby adamszabo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:01 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:My vst fx sound great though. No denying that. some of the best in the biz right

Please show me, I would love to hear it. Why do you assume they are some of the best? Did they stand the test of time, were they used in thousands of hit records and its now the industry standard? Now THAT would be some of the best in the biz. The arrogance is sky high here I am amazed. Anyway, one goes further being modest and humble, Ill leave you to think you are one of the greatest plugin maker on the planet.
adamszabo

Postby lalalandsynth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:55 am

I think you are on to something , I have noticed that If I tilt the gui by 4.15 degrees and my pc faces west all the bad electrons seem to pour out of the CPU and clear up the top end.

:lol:
lalalandsynth

Postby lalalandsynth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:53 am

This would work for resizing as a VST in a daw.
Gui Resize.gif
Gui Resize.gif (1.78 MiB) Viewed 12254 times
lalalandsynth

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples