Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

deleted by uploader

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Colour Picker Tool v1.0.0

Postby RJHollins » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Tiffy,

This project has come together nicely !

The color wheel was an idea. To be honest, I think we'd need some good research on this. Maybe the links 'tester' posted would have the data.

From my limited knowledge on this, I'm not exactly certain what type of 'wheel' would be considered.

I know I've seen some fairly complex color sites that take this very deep. I'm not sure another here has time for anything like that.

Of interest, would be 'color choices' that would focus on GUI designs. Something similar might be what we see at a paint store, where color combinations suggest a selection of colors that work together.

I have a iPhone app from a paint company that has this feature. But I'd say, this could go deep, very easily :lol:

I'll be getting to a new project design, so I'll have practical time to work with the 'Colour Picker Tool'. I just used it tonite to pick off a color. It worked.

I'm still looking at how this best fits in to a FS project. I've not looked at the 'saved' color selections ... but that would be in the area that could really ease part of the design work load.

I'd almost like to have a type of 'TAP PORT' that we could hook into to store settings, [via STRING maybe], that we could Copy/Paste into other GUI PRIMS. Again, just an idea ... but it really needs to be so practical that it makes NOT using it a burden. This might be a challenge right there.

Even as it stands ... it is much more convenient to have this within FS. A module that we could place in the toolbox, and drag into a new project design. Any other color options would then be sugar on top.

Just my 1/2 cent :lol:

Still, this was cool ... and hope I can participate should another 'group project' come up !
Thanks Guys !
RJHollins

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

included few things more,

first i included HSV so you can choose between HSV an RGB adjusting with the colorknobs,
the second thing i included is a webcolor converter it shows the actual color as webcolor and you can include a webcolor code which will be converted to "normal" color..

about usability as guicolor workbench i included a small example to show how the colortable could be used i recommend to delete the colorpicker/table tool completely before exporting to reduce exe size, also when the tool is set to purgeable file size is much bigger then when its removed completely, i dont know why because purgeabled parts shouldnt get compiled? but it looks like that the images are still saved somewhere inside the exported file!?
Sample Hold Pixel Colour v1.0.9a.fsm
(653.46 KiB) Downloaded 1145 times

PS: http://www.colorpicker.com/
you can use this website to test the webcolor converter..
Nubeat7

deleted by uploader

Postby tiffy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:12 am

deleted
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Postby tester » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 pm

The "html to FS color" conversion is very useful. Thanks!
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby Nubeat7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 pm

added some features to the colortable to be more useful as development tool,

- added numbering for tablecolors
- added comments for each color

saved colortable includes colors, tablesize and comments to get all information you need about your colortable when recalling it

thanks of ruby`s persistance you can delete the color tool when everithing in your project is colored and the table is saved ( for later changes), if you want to change something just take the colortool from your toolbox load the colortable and do your edits..

this version is just the colortable including the coloredit knobs, if you need the webcolors or the colorpicker tools just connect them to the color input...

EDIT:
some more bugfixes.. download below
Last edited by Nubeat7 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nubeat7

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:09 am

found i minor bug, color @ selection didnt update properly after loading a table, fixed and reuploaded last version!
Nubeat7

Postby tiffy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:14 am

Nubeat7 wrote:found i minor bug, color @ selection didnt update properly after loading a table, fixed and reuploaded last version!

Thank you nubeat7, this one comes in really handy.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:22 am

Nubeat7 wrote:found i minor bug, color @ selection didnt update properly after loading a table, fixed and reuploaded last version!

Nubeat7, I found something else which I have not been able to sort out. When I load a colortable file and compare the colors in the colortable with the color-window on top [next to the four A,R,G,B knobs], I notice a difference in colors when the Alpha Blend knob is manipulated - then the color in the colortable changes to a completely different color. Also when a Blended color is saved in a colortable file and loaded again, the colors appear to be different than that in the color-window next to the four A,R,G,B knobs. It appears to me that this difference in colors only occurs with blended colors. You can more clearly see this with the color yellow. :?:
tiffy

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:40 pm

you describe exactly this problem

it is fixed, are you shure you have the latest version? i reuploaded the file , it is:
Nubeat7 wrote:this version is just the colortable including the coloredit knobs, if you need the webcolors or the colorpicker tools just connect them to the color input...
ATTACHMENTS
colors_n_table_v1.2 (1).fsm
(440.44 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

just downloaded it and tested it, and it works here!
Nubeat7

deleted by uploader

Postby tiffy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 pm

deleted
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples