Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Freq Fork - LA Freq

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Freq Fork - LA Freq

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:54 pm

You're totally right. I need to get on that and plan these videos so they have some more intuitive content. This one was just an example of the graphical content operating however. It's not even functioning as a filter yet, heh.

But you're on the ball, and I owe that to downloaders of My free content and customers of My paid ones. Thanks for the heads up :)

Duckett wrote:Hi Robert-

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism regarding your videos... it's something that a few plugin devs seem to struggle with (beatassist.eu and Wusik come to mind), so nothing personal.

The number one thing I am looking for in a plugin video, is audio demonstrating the plugin.
Explanations/descriptions/controls being moved around are fine and dandy- but if I can't hear what the plugin is doing, it's a big turnoff. It also doesn't necessarily build confidence in an audio plugin developer if the audio for their videos is terrible or non-existent.

For an excellent example of great demo videos, Spogg ticks off all the right boxes- calm, clear, has a great balance of explanation/overview combined with live demonstration. I watch and enjoy his videos even if I don't really need any help in understanding the plugin.

If you're trying to gain visibility for your work, the presentation of the work should be considered as carefully as the work itself- it's such an easy trap to fall into, using so much of your energy for the work itself, that "selling" your work feels like a chore, and therefore gets less attention.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:12 pm

I hurt My arms at the gym so in went to bed early. I'll try and finish this tonight.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 pm

ugh, here's what I have so far; I'll finish soon. I was having an issue with the pan slider at the bottom clipping on the GUI; had to replace it about 5 times. It looks nice though and should be easy to implement.

I also changed the vertical sliders to match the same 2.5 units start and -2.5 units end grade so as to be more intuitive with the scaling grid.

newest freq.fsm
(73.46 KiB) Downloaded 1096 times
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Alexandre » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:07 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:And here's the schematic:
custom freQ_rc_2018_60_best_fork-less-feedback.fsm

I like this one (pool balls), especially how you control Q. Quick and easy to EQ stuff, good feel.

(Took me a while but I found out how to modify it for higher Q values. Halving the highlighted value will allow a Q of 4.6 aproximately.)

https://imgur.com/a/Z9ZULaA

Thanks!
Alexandre

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Here's the new version (finally).

almost done !

Static (click to see full-size)

Animated (click to see full-size)

vstplug freq 2 v0010.fsm
(62.84 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times