Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Latest update for Martin's 'Randy' synth

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Latest update for Martin's 'Randy' synth

Postby martinvicanek » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:25 am

Julian Ray wrote:Tilt knob has max signal level around 0.5 and the level greatly drops close to 0 or 1.
Quite right, I should have listened to Adam who suggested another normalization in the past. Now fixed in this post.

k brown wrote:any further tinkering would have to be done by Martin.
Not necessarily, everybody can experiment and add features as you and others have done.
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 am

k brown wrote:, but any further tinkering would have to be done by Martin. 8-)

What I really meant was that anything much further than what I've already done, I haven't been able to make work - I'm sure someone else could (I've mentioned before that I've had almost no experience with packed/unpacked mono streams) I figured more extensive mods you might want to do yourself - I shouldn't assume.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Julian Ray » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you Martin for Tilt filter normalization.
Julian Ray

Postby k brown » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:37 pm

What I'm getting with this new Spectral Tilt is the volume now increasing when moved off midpoint - can we split the difference to maintain constant level? The new one sends the synth into clipping very readily.

I replaced the Randy schematic in the earlier post with Randy v1.01, which is the most recent Randy update with the Noise Envelope added - Martin had put it in an earlier version. I also added a button to bypass the Noise Envelope and another to bypass the Noise Comb Filter. I can't figure out how to do a Noise bypass of the main ZDF filters - someone else will have to help with that.

Also replaced the last Randy +_k2 schematic with one that also has the Noise EG and Comb Filter bypasses, plus LFO 2 can now be Bipolar or Unipolar.
Last edited by k brown on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby k brown » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Minor GUI changes to Randy v1.01 and Randy +_k2; schematics replaced in their respective posts.

Moved Spectral Tilt control to the Filter section to better reflect it's position in the signal path (after the Filter). This left room in the Osc section for a scope, which has no real utility in this synth, but they make me smile. :) :geek:
k brown

Postby Julian Ray » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:53 am

Thanks for the update, Kevin!
Julian Ray

Postby k brown » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:06 am

Martin has supplied a second revision of the Spectral Tilt Filter, so that's been put in their respective earlier posts (now named Randy v1.02 and Randy + k3.

Shouldn't affect Trogg's presets for Randy +, except for the output levels on some changing a bit.
k brown

Previous

Return to User Examples