Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

generate 4 primary wave with a DLL

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

generate 4 primary wave with a DLL

Postby DjMmix » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:02 pm

hello guys,

I return today with the fsm Codeblock dll project and a way to generate primary waveforms (tri, sin, square, saw) generated in a dll hoping that his can you helped :)

I think the code or fsm perhaps improved jugger you :)

Synth.zip
My Project codeblock
(273.33 KiB) Downloaded 1173 times

edit : i'm added project in visual studio 2012 because translate asm is verry horrible on codeblock ;__; but now with this version tri,saw,square ans sin is phased.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/372dxa
Last edited by DjMmix on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DjMmix

Re: generate 4 primary wave with a DLL

Postby tester » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:14 pm

So now my question is:

1) Having an external wavetable based generator (with phase offset control, resync node and accuracy of timing).
2) Used in 200-400 copies (sound generation, modulation, etc.; intependent shape control).

Will/would it work faster than stock wavetable oscillators placed within exported FSM schematic?

And btw, should this be externalized as full wavetable generators (like these stock ones work), or non-optimized mono-generators, and then with additional output filter LP for the whole sound in FS?
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby Jay » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi DJMmix and all

ive installed the codeblocks application and i was wondering about the compiler bit, Ive never tried doing anything like this exept for trying out VS2008 and my head was totaly pickled by it lol, so my question is - which compiler would be best for me to download and use?

dont know if this makes any difference but im on Win7 64!

thanks! ;)
Jay

Postby Nubeat7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Jay wrote:which compiler would be best for me to download and use?

dont confuse IDE and compiler, code blocks or visual studio are IDE`s (development enviroments) while a compiler translates the source code (highlevel) into (binary) object code (lowlevel)
so an IDE uses a compiler to make an executable (or dll) from your source code
the most common compiler is the gcc compiler..

what IDE is the best? this really depends on personal taste, visual studio for sure is one of the best IDE`s

about the compilers visual studio uses its own microsoft compiler while other IDE`s mostly use the gcc compiler

beside code blocks there is also eclipse and net beans, eclipse originally is the nr 1java IDE but you can also use it for c++ there are lots more but i think from the free opensource IDE`s on the market codeblocks is one of the best for c++
any way for the purposes we will useit i think it doesnt make any difference which IDE to use

the only question which would be intersting is the support of the "new" c++11 standard (which is already old since the newest standard will be c++14! :lol: )

maybe when you learn from a new book which already uses c++11 code you could get into troubles with VS 2008
while the latest gcc 4.8 compiler is mostly or full compatible to this new standard

for visual studio here is a table about this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh567368.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/ ... 3-ctp.aspx
Nubeat7

Postby Jay » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:50 pm

cheers for that reply Nubeat7! some of it was over my head but i got the jist of it :)

yeh i installed VS2008 before and got completly lost with it and couldnt get it to run simple stuff without lots of error messages that i didnt understand, found it a bit intimidating as well, ive already installed codeblocks and was trying to go through a tutorial on making a Dll and it asked me for a compiler so i went and looked on the net and seen that there were many and i read all the alien language in the descriptions of them ha ha,

So i installed the MinGW intalation manager and went for basic setup and sellected 2 packages for install, i have put in the one you mentioned i think! gcc-g++ ? i also installed the one called gcc-objc so are those for C and C++ i take it? or is objective C something different? soz for the silly questions but im rubbish at this stuff ;)

so i will have a wee bash at this! which version of the C language would you recommend learning c or c++?

i will most likely play around for a bit with examples and other peoples code and try to learn whats what and then see if i can make some simple function dll's. but then, there is always the prospect of me just remaining baffled for a few months then giving up :lol:

thanks!
Jay

Postby Nubeat7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:22 pm

hmm, dont know exactly whats the thing with ocjective c as i understand it is the extended version of c, to use c, what is a procedural language, as an objective language but i think you will not need it..

my knowledge of all that stuff is very basic..

where to start? i would recommend to watch c at the beginning to get c basics and then go to c++ because c++ was growing out of c and is like the big brother of c
Nubeat7

Postby DjMmix » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am

Hello everyone ,

for the choice of IDE is mainly a matter of taste as nubeat7 said , I prefer Codeblock which is much less load than VS (a by integration of asm in Codeblock is horrible ... )

for the version of Codeblock than to take one with mingw integrated configuration is automatic :)

hum cons I do not know if you take the 64-bit version if you can compile 32 bit for FS is 32 bit so the dll function will be 32 bit but it is still a test

@ tester :

I currently working on the integration phase at the moment (sin,square ok,but tri and saw not implented ) to sync I also above board

in terms of creating 200 400 I do this is not yet the same dll I actually worked 2 module coupled then I think to put it more should be possible, but I is not the limit :/

for wavetable I saw the snippet from here and there on the net so I think this is quite possible.

I was recovering update the link with the first post that I changed and added ( for Phase I took the standard used in FS that is to say 0 .. 1 ) I have also added white noise and said the trick trogludite to see the scope to see the motionless waves :)

edit : added phase on tri and saw work perfectly with vs 2012
DjMmix

Postby Jay » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Hiya Nubeet7 and DJMmix

thanks for those answers and the advice, a friend told me this morning that i didnt need the objective c as it is a visual development subset used for creating mobile apps etc, so all i needed was the gcc c++ but he says its fine that it is there it will not be a problem and if i want to remove it just do so in the MinGw manager

so hopefully i will get a bit of time at the weekend to play about with it

Thanks!
Jay

Return to User Examples