Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

deleted by uploader

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Multipurpose Push Button

Postby tester » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am

Hehe, it's not the point. :-)

Post whatever you wish, just without "emotionally" pointing towards others. Posting here is not a "challenge" or competition on "who is better". It's a co-operation, exchange (of ideas, modules), working on problems that require solutions, sharing practical findings beyond boundaries of stock modules, exploring (un)knowns that went forgotten over time. It's fun and healthy discussion. Nobody nudges you. :ugeek:
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 am

tiffy wrote:Thanx nubeat for your support, and to Trog, mo, Hollins, Bill V, nix, Jay and others for your help and support. Right in the beginning I stated that my posts were not meant for the elect, but for beginners like myself, since there are no beginners on this forum I will not put up any further posts on the forum. I will however now and then peek in just to stay on top of the news.

again thanx to all

cheers.

:lol:

Hey Tiffy ... there is at least ONE beginner/rookie here .... ME !

I for one have enjoyed and learned from your postings ... I don't know where you got the impression that anyone here was critical of anything you've posted [maybe a language issue].

I will say that I usually hesitate to post suggestions/solutions because I'm still learning ... but I will definitely say, that the various members here have been extremely kind and generous in helping me. This forum has helped me more than any manual or books.

As tester stated ... the atmosphere is one of collective helping, and oft times leads to community projects that take things to whole new levels. Even from my sideline position, the possibilities of learning ... even if its just to see how experienced programmers go about a solution, has been invaluable.

Anyway ... just hope it was misunderstandings ... 8-)
RJHollins

Postby nix » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:24 am

Please don't withdraw because you feel chided.
Personally, I learnt what operations like xor and nand are because of ur logic gates example,
I have it filed as a reference, sorry forgot to thank u.
I wish you would only step back if your interest moves to other things.
Sometimes almost everyone can be competitive, but the cooperative efforts in SM/FS have been awesome.
Cheers mate- many happy returns
Love ur avatar btw

edit- right on RJ, the forum would be quieter(is that possible? hehe) and lesser without urself Tiffy
nix

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 am

tiffy wrote:I will not put up any further posts on the forum. I will however now and then peek in just to stay on top of the news.

that would be really sad , just when i think about the colorpicker tool, which was leading me to the color table ( what i use in all my new projects) it never would happened without your initializing idea, like many other stuff here in the forum..

for me this is a melting pot of ideas, doesn`t matter if you are a bloody beginner or some super advanced guru, it is about the ideas or ,about the little help to make it perfect,thats what the forum is for, it is always great to get any input and impressions how others think and work with FS and for me it is always interesting, like this i always can learn things i wouldn`t learn by myself

specially your stuff is always interesting, so it would be really sad if you left the forum

have a great x-mas
and hope to see you again!
Nubeat7

Postby trogluddite » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 pm

tiffy wrote:since there are no beginners on this forum I will not put up any further posts on the forum.

That would be a shame - the stuff for people just starting out is probably even more useful that all the crazy, super whizz-bang modules.
A handful of things to think about...
- Maybe there are few beginners here because there is not enough content that suits their skill level. More simple examples to help beginners may actually attract them here
- There are a great deal of people who come to forums like this only to look. I'm thinking especially of the teachers, lecturers and students that use FS. Those people very often do not log in to forums - their workplace might not even allow it - but the information is still visible to them and may be useful.
- The internet is a sad place sometimes - there are probably hundreds of people who have benefited from your posts, but did not take the time to say 'thankyou'. I guess we all do it sometimes when we are in a rush - I know I have been guilty!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Previous

Return to User Examples