Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Ruby IP Server&Client - exchange data between exe/vst

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Ruby IP Server&Client - exchange data between exe/vst

Postby chackl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:31 pm

I you men that Servers are listet without typing the ID - well i'm planing something like that but this may take some time - a friend of me studies Networking and maybe he will get a good idea how to solve this :D

And if you think the Internet is clean? :D

Well just open the TCP - ports 21, 22, 23 and 25 for around 48 hours, let your Routers portfarwarding set correct on those ports and activate the log on each Server and guess what happens :P

Regards
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Postby fixstuff555 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Just wondering what the progress on this is? It still crashes with me. I can run the server, and that part works, but when I connect with the client, it shows the connection as good, but then locks up FS...
fixstuff555

Postby chackl » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:27 am

I know.
But those errors will be gone if you remove the server/ client module that comes up with flowstone - so these are errors don by those modules and i do not know if and when ther would be a fix of that.

As i told - the networking modules realy need an update. I think they were never modified since first release of flowstone.

The way i get the error down:
everytime if i'm changing somethin in the schematic i disconect the server and client first. After that nothin will happen.
But i never had a crash durig startup conection of server and client. soulds a little wired to me.
Could you try to reproduce this error and give me a checklist what i have to do to crash it?
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Postby chackl » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:20 pm

I did an update now - posted in first post.

I added and fixed the Ping-Check

I'll gabed it because i need it now in my projects ;)

Regards
chackl

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 am

mmmm .... chackl , I finally had a chance to check this out for the first time.

This is really cool ... got it to work the very first time.

It did disconnect after a bit. I was not able to reconnect.

So I close the schematic, and reloaded. Was working again !

Obviously .... this opens some wonderful possibilities .... or at the very least, sparks a bunch of ideas !!!

Particularly on a 'concept' project that has been pondering in the back of my mind. This is a different technique of transferring data between to apps [if I understand this correctly]. I really don't fully understand what this is capable of, nor if this technique would be appropriate for my project idea ... but this is the first time I've seen anyone post something that can do this.

What I'd like to ask, beside a better understanding, is if this is the ONLY way to transfer data between to separate apps. More specific, I'd like to transfer data between 2 VST plugins.

Maybe you'd have the time and kindness to comment on this. I recall reading that FS was to have this ability. Has what you designed here been exactly what 'they' talked about ?

At this stage of early understanding, I won't bore you with details of what I'd need to do .... but this is very interesting to see.

Thanks again for sharing this [along with other things you've posted].

Much appreciated !

Sincerely
RJHollins

Postby chackl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22 am

Well - conecting 2 apps on the same cp was also the idea about that at me.
That this will also work in network is just a little thing that comes up with ht eTCP sokets :D

Well at the moment i try to get some extras for it.

But for one hint: the Data that is sendet can not be realtime data

I'm trying at the moment to split my DMX core engine taht is a complete ruby class structure

I'll let you know but it might take some time until i got news here ;)
chackl

Postby RJHollins » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 am

cool ...

As for 'real time' transferring data between 2 apps or plugins ... is this possible ???

If it is .... any hints !! :lol:

Thanks!
RJHollins

Postby chackl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:04 am

Well "realtime" is alway relativ :P

I can be done with a buffer system that is able to buffer the data packages.

BUT: Sending audio seems impossible under 1sec. The problem is that ruby does no compession.

For the DMX: For example i'`m sending 10-20 values each second. and there are up to 512 parameters on each server
the values only need 8 bit

So little calculation:
512 values * 10 each second * 8 Bit each value = 40960 bit/s = 5kbyte/sec -> No problem

So do this on audio with 2 chanal 16bit 44100khz:
2 Values * 44100 each second * 16 bit = 1.411.200 bit/s = 172,27kbyte/sec -> Also no problem
BUT:
The lan would give you dead times up to 1 sec. so it it possible that up to 1 sec does not reach any value. On the DMX i can live with that and it has a lower rate so i have the chance to get lower dead times.

Regards
chackl

Previous

Return to User Examples