Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Free effect (made in flowstone)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Free effect (made in flowstone)

Postby TrojakEW » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Well I was not very active last days on this forum because I have much work to do.

I was working on 2nd version of our free effect plugin Amplio 2 (of course made in flowstone). Because of many problems with ruby this is ruby less version (no ruby module). It started just as test (our 1st vst effect) and now it is my main tool used in every "composition". Maybe someone else find it useful too.

For some sound test there is small demo that use amplio 2.
TrojakEW

Re: Free effect (made in flowstone)

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:53 am

well, neat plugin, Gui is very clear and self explaining ( except the limiter - i dont understand what it is doing, does it mix a limited signal with the original?), also performance seems to be fine, the only thing i would recommend is to make the reverb also avaliable to all bands and not only to one band of your choice.
Nubeat7

Postby KG_is_back » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 am

Nubeat7 wrote: the only thing i would recommend is to make the reverb also avaliable to all bands and not only to one band of your choice.

perhaps 3knob high-mid-low mixer may be added before the reverb. It wouldn't affect the performance at all and let you apply desired amount of reverb to any band.
KG_is_back

Postby TrojakEW » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm

This "reverb" module uses most CPU and I dont find the way to make it multiband without additional CPU load. To use same setting for reverb like KG suugest and just mix it with output - this will require addtional frequency splitter (which uses less cycles then additonal reverb) but result is still not what it should be. If anyone have suggestion how to do it let me know.

As for limiter this just set envelope values so higher mean longer attack an release. I thought it essentially easily without having to reflect on how it works (for any user with or without knowledge). Zero means nothing/disabled and 100 is the maximum - simple as that :mrgreen: .
TrojakEW

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm

nice solution for the limiter,

about the reverb you can use just multiplyers for each band to send it into the reverb instead of the selectors for kg's way or? or just sum the 3 bands if you would like a 4th solution as i was thinking (while i would prefer kg's way)

i think it wouldn't be needed to have 3 independent reverbs for each band (you never would have this in reality)
Nubeat7

Postby TrojakEW » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:about the reverb you can use just multiplyers for each band to send it into the reverb instead of the selectors for kg's way or? or just sum the 3 bands if you would like a 4th solution as i was thinking (while i would prefer kg's way)

Still not understand how to make it without 2nd splitter. Can you make a quick example? Bcause you need to have dry and wet signal for each band in order to mix. So audio go to first splitter without reverb and second splitter after reverb. Then you can set amount of reverb of each band. :?:
TrojakEW

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:29 pm

you already have 3 bands or ?
so you just need to make a send channel to the reverb and invert the dry channel..

basically something like this
Attachments
Schematic1.fsm
(41.31 KiB) Downloaded 1124 times
Last edited by Nubeat7 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nubeat7

Postby TrojakEW » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm alway thinking in complicated ways missing simple solution :lol: . Looks nice and simple. I'm note down this for future update, but I have to first finish DC14 entry. Thank you.
TrojakEW

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:02 am

..while i also did a mistake in the schematic, the sum module is wrong because the reverbed signal is multiplied with the sum.. - i don`t know why i did this, it also should be just added.... :roll:

i reuploaded the schematic...
Nubeat7

Postby TrojakEW » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:07 pm

No problem. I dont need working schematic just a general overview of your idea how to implement that reverb. Thanks.
TrojakEW

Return to User Examples