Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synced LFO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synced LFO

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Father wrote:
Perfect Human Interface wrote:You need audio (out) running in your schematic.

yeah but not when i export the plugin to test it in the host program! hehe

Not sure what you mean, but you need to have an audio out prim or the blue streams won't work.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby Father » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Perfect Human Interface wrote:Not sure what you mean, but you need to have an audio out prim or the blue streams won't work.

I mean you don't need to have the audio out prim, since we just need to export the plugin to test it in some other DAW, not in FS itself.
Here i replaced the "is playing" prim with blue one, fixed the problem and now oscillates while playing, but its not really in sync.
SuperSyncLFO v1 test_2.fsm
(70.03 KiB) Downloaded 1205 times
Father

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Father wrote:
Perfect Human Interface wrote:Not sure what you mean, but you need to have an audio out prim or the blue streams won't work.

I mean you don't need to have the audio out prim, since we just need to export the plugin to test it in some other DAW, not in FS itself.
Here i replaced the "is playing" prim with blue one, fixed the problem and now oscillates while playing, but its not really in sync.
SuperSyncLFO v1 test_2.fsm

My friend, please just add the audio out (in the original schematic; what you did doesn't seem to work for some reason) and you will find that it works fine.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby tulamide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Perfect Human Interface wrote:My friend, please just add the audio out (in the original schematic; what you did doesn't seem to work for some reason) and you will find that it works fine.

What Father means is that your audio out tip helps getting it to work within a schematic only. When exporting to a vst, only the module is exported, without any audio outs (of course, because the host manages the audio outs). And this exported vst doesn't work for Father.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:33 am

tulamide wrote:When exporting to a vst

Ah... I can't export VST, only FL format.

These discrepancies are getting really annoying and frustrating. -.-

All I know is that every time I put the audio out in there it works just fine for me. I'm not sure what else to say or do about it.

Edit: Wait...
When exporting to a vst, only the module is exported, without any audio outs (of course, because the host manages the audio outs).

How does that even work? The host can't output audio if you don't explicitly give it audio data. That's impossible.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby tulamide » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:04 am

When a host starts it accesses the computers audio outs (you wouldn't hear anything, if it won't). This is done using one of several drivers (for example DirectX, Asio, etc.). When creating a vst that uses audio, you give that module two mono ins and two mono outs (it can vary, it's just for this example). The host then sends the audio data to the vst, the vst does whatever it wants to and outputs the processed audio. The host takes that audio data and outputs it to the defined audio outs.

If you now put an audio out prim in the vst, a new connection to the computer's soundcard is tried to establish. I don't know if it even works, but if it does then the routing is messed up.
tulamide

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:07 am

Ok, but I'm not suggesting redundant audio outs (I don't think Flowstone allows that). The examples Father uploaded contain NO audio outs.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby tulamide » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:13 am

Perfect Human Interface wrote:The examples Father uploaded contain NO audio outs.

You mean the module does not provide two mono outputs? If that's the case you're right. It should have two mono outputs to work correctly.

EDIT: We, the community, should really take more care when using terms. 'Audio out' != 'stream out' (mono and poly are streams, whereas audio is related to the soundcard)
tulamide

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:57 am

As far as I know there's no "Stream Out" primitive in the FL version of Flowstone. Is that different in the non-FL version?

Audio In_Out.PNG
Audio In_Out.PNG (7.09 KiB) Viewed 25125 times
Perfect Human Interface

Postby tulamide » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Perfect Human Interface wrote:As far as I know there's no "Stream Out" primitive in the FL version of Flowstone. Is that different in the non-FL version?

tulamide wrote:You mean the module does not provide two mono outputs? If that's the case you're right. It should have two mono outputs to work correctly.

As you can see, I was referring to the outputs of the module.

module_out.jpg
module_out.jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 25112 times

A module needs to have two of the mono outs as in my image above, but none of the ones from your image to successfully work. So, if you indeed meant 'audio out', then all I explained in a post further above is true.
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples