Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

ruby keyboard

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: ruby keyboard

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:39 pm

@ rj hollins

does it happen with all bitmapversions here?

and what version of fs are you using?
Nubeat7

Postby RJHollins » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:58 pm

v: .oo6 loads and displays fine.

v: .008 loads but no keyboard displays. The internal BITMAPS do have the data, as I can force a view with a viewer from the toolbox.

FS 3.0.4 is what I'm using.

[i have 3.0.7, but I was having issues. Went back to 304
RJHollins

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:34 pm

yeah its the problem that the ruby component changes with each version :( , what i meant was to connect the afterload with the bitmap inputs at the ruby module,

before 3.06 bitmaps were not stored at the ruby inputs..
but this should work in 3.08, really don't know whats the problem here, maybe you need to reconnect the bitmaps that they get stored once at the ruby component inputs!?
Nubeat7

Postby RJHollins » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 pm

connect the afterload with the bitmap inputs at the ruby module,

That was it ... WORKS ! :mrgreen:

Wow ... nice work on those keys

Thanks NuBeat 8-)
RJHollins

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:48 pm

oh good to hear!
btw. the images for the keys are from palls stock keyboard which is used ( i think it was ) at the multisampler..
Nubeat7

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Thats really good Newbeat7! what a difference it makes being done in ruby! i had some issues with a few of the older keyboards around, keys disappearing etc, but this works very smoothly! well done m8!

Regards :)
Jay

Postby Father » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:09 am

Hey Nubeat7 It seems the plug-in using the Bitmap version crashes on startup half of the time (FL&Reaper). While testing with the other one causes less crashes. And by removing it from the schematic completely the crash never happens. I'm on 3.0.5 and connecting after loads as needed.
I'm almost sure its the keyboard. Any ideas? Anyone else having the same problem?
Father

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:13 pm

if it crashes only on startup, i would try to delay some triggers which happen when its loading, i think on version 3.05 you need to trigger each bitmap with an afterload or? if so you could trigger them in with delays so taht not all need to be loaded at once.. or similar things, thats the only idea i have to identify the problem...

try also the versions without bitmaps, if it happens only with the bitmap version for sure it has something to do with the bitmaps..

hope this helps..
Nubeat7

Postby Father » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:if it crashes only on startup, i would try to delay some triggers which happen when its loading, i think on version 3.05 you need to trigger each bitmap with an afterload or? if so you could trigger them in with delays so taht not all need to be loaded at once.. or similar things, thats the only idea i have to identify the problem...
try also the versions without bitmaps, if it happens only with the bitmap version for sure it has something to do with the bitmaps..
hope this helps..

I thing it was the same without bitmaps. Anyways i designed something simpler without ruby so not worried about that anymore hehe.
Father

Previous

Return to User Examples