Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synth with LFO Crossfading

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synth with LFO Crossfading

Postby trogluddite » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Best wishes to you all, Spogg and family.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:43 am

Thank you tula and trog.

This has gone way off topic, but trog and me are moderators so we can get away with it :lol:

Seriously, it’s great to have such a supportive response guys and yes, to offer love is the only way forward.

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Back on topic now (kinda)!

A member here asked if I’d ever considered making a bagpipe simulator, which I hadn’t.

I looked into this, and it needs a polyphonic synth (3 notes max) for the drone and a monophonic synth for the Chanter (melody pipe). What’s more, the Chanter needs to be highest note priority! The keyboard would definitely need a split point in this case.

So now I might (if I choose to do it) have a personal use for tulamide’s Ruby contrivance. The reward would be hearing a somewhat dodgy version of Scotland the Great. :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Spogg wrote:A member here asked if I’d ever considered making a bagpipe simulator

Now remember the old saying; Just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean that you SHOULD! :lol:

Actually, I listen to a bagpiper quite often (and I do have some Scots blood in me). He lives somewhere near one of the little valleys around here and seems to like practising outdoors - there's a Victorian house there that's shaped like a little castle keep with battlements on it, and I have a feeling that that's where he plays from, though I've only actually met him once, when he was giving someone else a go on the pipes up on the hillside one day (if you could simulate that racket that would really be erm... err... never mind, forget that I mentioned it. ;) )

Spogg wrote:The reward would be hearing a somewhat dodgy version of Scotland the Great.

Phew! - I though you were going to say "Mull of Kintyre" for a moment there! :o
[EDIT: Balls, I've given myself an ear-worm now - that'll teach me!]
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:41 pm

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh trog!

:lol:
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Nice to have you back - I hope you and the family found the silver lining to the dark cloud while you were away. :D
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 am

Spogg wrote:So now I might (if I choose to do it) have a personal use for tulamide’s Ruby contrivance. The reward would be hearing a somewhat dodgy version of Scotland the Great. :lol:

I've not forgotten about this project. However, people who know me are aware of me being a slow worker for reasons, I won't discuss publicly. All I can say is that it's all layed out in my head. When it comes to life is another question :mrgreen:

RE: "somewhat dodgy version"
Instead, present it as epic and modern as possible, and hearts will melt for your instrument:
https://youtu.be/0K-s8wefKlA
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:00 am

@trog
Thanks mate, much appreciated. :D

@tulamide
That video is fantastic. I’m sure I could match it. In fact I’ve already ordered some camels. :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:33 am

Some ravishing images -

However - in my opinion there's too damn much moving camera in films these days; even watching on my small laptop I began to get dizzy. Many people don't realize that in all the great films of John Ford the camera almost NEVER moves.
Like any other visual tool it's best used when there's a reason to do so; not just because you got the sexy tools to do it.

End of mini rant. :geek:
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Spogg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:53 am

When my kids were young they used to watch a lot of MTV and similar channels. I used to complain about the rapid scene cutting because I hated it. They would say “Dad, you are so OLD.” :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Previous

Return to User Examples