Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

A NEW WAVE FOLDER

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

A NEW WAVE FOLDER

Postby BobF » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm

Bobs Rippler.fsm
(8.3 MiB) Downloaded 920 times

Hello Gang,
Ok, for those of you that like “Wave Folders, I have created a new “WAVE FOLDER”. I am calling it the “RIPPLER”, as the folds seem to ripple up and down the waveform. The first one, “Rippler 1” has both SINE and COSINE outputs, that do sound similar, but as you can see from the frequency spectrum's, they are different in the harmonics they produce. You can hear the difference by selecting Sine then Cosine on the selector. On Rippler 1 there are three controls, the first is “Fold Gain”, 2 is the “Number of Folds”, and 3 will “Remove the Fundamental”. There are 2 modulation inputs, the first being the “Fold Gain”, and 2 the “Number of Folds”.
Rippler 2 work’s the same as Rippler 1, except I have added one cool thing and I removed the “Remove the Fundamental” knob. I added a Square wave shaper to the folds. And if that was not cool enough, you can “Pulse Width Modulate” the folded squares. P.S., to listen to Rippler 2 select 2 on the output selector (Rippler 1 or Rippler 2).
Play around with different input waveforms, the knobs, and modulations to get a feel for it.
Please let me know how you like it (or don’t) and any idea’s you might have to expand it, or make it even cooler.
Enjoy, BobF…..
BobF

Re: A NEW WAVE FOLDER

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:47 am

Thank you, BobF.

I always enjoy the stuff you post. Thank you for sharing.

Best regards
Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby Spogg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:23 pm

I was away for a few days, so I only just tried this. It’s a great idea and technique Bob, so well done! :geek:

I discovered recently, by accident, that you can use Martin’s low CPU sine oscillator as a wave folder.
If you modulate the phase input of his oscillator with a synchronous ramp, and the amplitude of that ramp goes above 1, the wave will start to fold. So if the ramp goes from 0 to 20 you’ll get 20 folds. I guess you could use other waveforms to modulate, but they must be the exact same frequency. By modulating the ramp's amplitude you can dynamically change the fold count.

Have a go!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Excellent! Thanks Bob :)
Halon

Return to User Examples