Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Lissajou Art

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Lissajou Art

Postby BobF » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Bobs Lissajou Art.fsm
(207.34 KiB) Downloaded 1558 times

Hello Gang,

Just to break things up a little, getting away from Synth's, effects and etc.. I thought you all might like this to play around with. Please, any upgrades to it are VERY welcome. Have fun, BobF.....
BobF

Re: Lissajou Art

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:14 pm

love it :)
Jay

Postby BobF » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks Jay,
Nice to hear from you! I am very glade you liked it.
I would really like to do more with it if anyone has any ideas, please upload them. Especially in the color changing area, as now its just random. Later then, BobF....
BobF

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:24 am

Well this is neat, whatever it is. :P

I made this shape; I like it. :lol:
Bobs Lissajou Art_tweak1.fsm
(206.92 KiB) Downloaded 1433 times

I'd suggest some simple labels for the knobs or something. Not sure much about what's going on. Also a lot of settings seem to cause it to self-destruct. I'm guessing some values are not being restricted to appropriate ranges.

If you want smoother color transitions that's very easy. For example use a HSV module, set saturation and value to 255, and for the hue value either use a ramp prim with a mono2float, multiplied by 360, or use an adv. counter prim with max value set to 360 and wire it to reset itself.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby tulamide » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:54 am

Perfect Human Interface wrote:If you want smoother color transitions that's very easy. For example use a HSV module, set saturation and value to 255, and for the hue value either use a ramp prim with a mono2float, multiplied by 360, or use an adv. counter prim with max value set to 360 and wire it to reset itself.

Or, you could use my Color Interpolation Module, which allows a smooth transition between any two colors. You find it here.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby BobF » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the comments! I will make improvements as soon as I get back to it. I am one of those people that are already working on 3 other things now, but be assured I will diffidently incorporate your suggestions.
Perfect Human Interface, I will look into the HSV module and tulamide I did grab your Color Interpolation Module. Thanks again guys.
Take care, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Spogg » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Looking good. Great idea!
Cheers
Spogg
Spogg

Postby glitchcpt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Wow thats great!
glitchcpt

Postby Spogg » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:15 pm

BobF you BAD BOY!
You got me really hooked on playing with this toy!

I've attached my own version of it, with a few presets to demo it. Spent (wasted?) all morning with this.
This was a great and original idea BobF. Just love it.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Lissajou -Spogg's 1.05.fsm
Based on BobF's original idea...
(175.59 KiB) Downloaded 1420 times
Spogg

Postby BobF » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks Spogg,

Actually this kind of thing is not new. It all started way back when analog synthesizers like the Moogs, Arps, and etc where being created. Some tech was looking at lowpass and highpass outputs from a state variable filter on a oscilloscope using the x and y axis. At the time they called scope art. It was pretty popular for a while. I believe one of the electronics magazines from that time even printed a hardware version to build.

Lastly there are literally thousands of ways to make these displays using the x and y axis. Using sin, cosin filter output, band pass, ring mods, phase shifters, delays, and on and on. What ever you can dream up really, as long as it looks cool.

Anyway, I am really glad so many like it. So FUNNY, I have gotten more comments on this than any of my audio stuff so far. Maybe I should stick to art. Ha ha.....

Ok thats it, cheers all, BobF.....
BobF

Next

Return to User Examples