Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

deleted by uploader

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

deleted by uploader

Postby tiffy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:35 am

deleted
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Re: The Ultimate Shapes & Text v1.0

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:17 am

Tiffy, I am well impressed by this and I love the text rotation (as I requested, Yay!) :D

Regarding comments above it is inevitable that such a multi-purpose and powerful module will have lots of settings. After all, you don't get a flexible versatile synth with just 3 or 4 controls do you?

What I would really like now (I'm SO demanding) is a few worked examples. This would help me to see what is possible and to figure out how to get results by studying their configurations. What we have here is like a new synth but with no presets. The designer knows intimately what can be done but the newcomer has no clue to start with.
When I upload a new synth project I always make a few presets to hopefully show some features and sounds. Then the user can take over. I do believe that there can be too many presets/examples and this discourages experimentation.
This is in NO WAY a criticism and the work looks wonderful; I just need a few starter examples to work from. Please?

Keep up the good works

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Wow Tiffy,
This just gets better and better. Very well thought out. Really glad you are here and have such great ideas. Keep up the great work and keep them comming. Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:31 pm

tiffy wrote:Hi Nubeat, yeah I take note of the wording "exessive" and "monster"...hehe,..

well, this wasn't meant in a negative way! i really appreciate your work, i don#t want to know how many hours you were working on that :)

there is a lot of great and useful content inside, specially for people which are not so familiar with all the drawing and GUI stuff, it reminded me on my own starting times when i was sitting in front of this kind of "monsters" and tried to figure out how all that is working, so i reduced all of it till i got the thing i wanted, ike the rotating text..

its no criticism, just try to give some useful feedback, its great work - keep on doing!
the forum is here to post things like this, and get some feedback, and you all know that i'm a bit pedantic about "keeping it tight" so don't take it too serious .. (just want to look very 8-) ) :roll:
there are much people around here who do things different and better than me and there are many ways to do it and like you said, its always a matter of the usecase too..
Nubeat7

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 pm

I too hope my comment was not taken in a negative way. That was never the intent.

This forum, and the people contributing, are my sole source of education on FS. A wonderful resource.

Let's remain positive :mrgreen:
RJHollins

deleted by uploader

Postby tiffy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 am

deleted
tiffy

Previous

Return to User Examples