Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Quilcom Beater: A percussion synth

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Quilcom Beater: A percussion synth

Postby Spogg » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi to all

The Quilcom Beater is a percussion synthesiser for making many different drum, cymbal and other sounds.

You can add as many of these as you wish to your DAW, to assemble the kit you would like. This allows you to add your preferred reverb and other effects routed exactly as you wish.
You can freely set which MIDI note number you want the module to respond to and there is adjustable velocity sensitivity to provide varying expression.
If you change the note number please be aware that any pitched sounds will be affected by a higher or lower note selection.
Unusually for me I've spent some time creating quite a few presets to get you going and to test. Where it makes sense the standard GM note assignment has been pre-selected and the preset name appears in a large font to make editing and mixing easier in the DAW while a kit is playing.

The challenge I set myself was to keep it as simple but as versatile as possible and also for every control to be properly useful.

I did a bit of research into commercial and theoretical drum synthesis so the Beater is the result of amalgamating the principles I discovered.

I was pleasantly surprised that some of the sounds could seem quite realistic, but see what you think.

I'm tempted to create a "rack" with several of these modules to make it easier to load up into a DAW. What do you think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bumqaqwb0ew7j ... R.zip?dl=0
The zip contains the schematic, the dll and all the presets I made.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to User Examples