Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

VSTplug slider

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

VSTplug slider

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi all, here's a better slider with only two modules.

It's very efficient and it is fully tested with automation. The only thing I have not tested is the default 0-1 reference in the preset module I'm not sure if it requires a 1-value to work.

Check that out, but it's the most simple yet, and furhermore by y using it a user can also use the slider while automating without it breaking!

download
https://web.archive.org/web/20200213151722/http://dsprobotics.com/support/download/file.php?id=10634
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: VSTplug slider

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm

I love the maple leaf - very patriotic! And it's certainly a lot better arranged inside than the stock ones!

My only criticism is that the mouse scaling means that the handle moves at a different speed to the mouse - I find that a little non-intuitive; as if the mouse isn't "grabbing" the control. That's quite easy to fix, though - you just need the "scaling" input of the DragY component to be derived from the slider's range of motion. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's a proportional relationship between the slider's travel and maybe the GUI grid size to get them to match up. Alternatively, you could hide the mouse pointer so that no-one can see the difference!

I'm not sure if it requires a 1-value to work

Check it against an automation lane in your DAW. You can set a VST preset to any float value you like, but 0.0..1.0 is always assumed to be bottom..top of an automation "lane" - so if your DAW automation curves are drawing upside-down, invert whatever you're currently using.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:42 pm

PS) I had a look in one of my old sliders - the mouse scaling maths is just (1.0 / slider_travel), where the slider_travel is in the usual GUI grid units.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:23 pm

yeah, I knew about the automation; but sliders innately are backwards, up is 0 and down is 1.
But that mouse movement formula, I'd like to know that one please.

If it's not too much bother.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby trogluddite » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Ah, that's turned out to be really easy - you already had the range value calculated, so there was only one divide primitive to add! Here it is with that modification...
vstplug%20slider%20standard_Trog_Mod.fsm
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 1016 times

The main advantage is that when you re-size the slider, the mouse scaling adjusts automatically to fit, so there's no need to edit anything or provide a "sensitivity" property for the mouse.
trogluddite

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 pm

trogluddite wrote:Ah, that's turned out to be really easy - you already had the range value calculated, so there was only one divide primitive to add! Here it is with that modification...
vstplug%20slider%20standard_Trog_Mod.fsm

The main advantage is that when you re-size the slider, the mouse scaling adjusts automatically to fit, so there's no need to edit anything or provide a "sensitivity" property for the mouse.

sick, thanks :)
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to User Examples