Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby Spogg » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:10 pm

nix wrote:Hope this post is OK with you, thought I could provide some more resources

Yes of course it's ok!

I've had problems opening the files you uploaded. Were these saved in the new Beta version? The LCD won't load at all but the other 2 start with the SSE warning and then open ok. I'm testing with 3.08.1 because I'm too chicken to experiment with the new Beta at the moment.

Do you have the original Synthmaker OSM files? You can just change the extension to .FSM and most will at least load in FS.

I appreciate any feedback or input very much.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby nix » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Oh nice!
Here is the 304 schem-
LCD_nix_304.fsm
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 1309 times

I vaguely remember these SM days.
I bought it in pre-release ver1.
We still have MyCo from back then

The LCD is inelegant, but it's hard to install a font,
so it might be cool peeps
nix

Postby Spogg » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Grid-based index selector

This amazing tool allows you to specify the number of rows and columns (and lots more) in the Properties view and then automatically creates a grid-based mouse input selection box with the index numbers included. This is very configurable and scales to the view area. I love it!

Spogged:
Removed the old version2 which was included.
Removed an array number entry assembly which didn't work. This was external to the matrix module and had comments about trigger errors, so it went.
Chose some lovely orange colours. Look, I'm only Vulcan after all.

Author: Andrea Capanna (Acrobatics)

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
ACR_Active_Matrix v3~infuzion.fsm
(34.51 KiB) Downloaded 1281 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Envelopes with shape display

Here are two envelope generators, ADSR and AHDSR. The nice thing here is the configurable shape displays. These are scaled to their view area so could be used as a nice small display on a front panel.

Spogged: nothing (function of the generators not tested but they look like standard coded ones).

Author: C. Hackl (credit inside the display modules)

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Envellope displays.fsm
(372.6 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Pack of filters

There are various types of optimised filter included. The author has provided an easy test and auditioning environment to hear the results from a sawtooth wave or white noise source. Also some notes about the filters.

Spogged: Added a couple of labels

Author: Dozius

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Complete Dozius Filter Pack.fsm
(868.91 KiB) Downloaded 1307 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Segmented circular selector

This shows just what can be done to create unusual tools. This is a segmented round index selector looking a bit like a cross-section of an orange. There are 10 segmented pads to select from.
This is bitmap-based so there is only the possibility to change the background colour but not size etc.

Spogged:
Removed the trigger counter. A trigger is given on every selection.

Author: Jay

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
round menu.fsm
(325.55 KiB) Downloaded 1280 times
Last edited by Spogg on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:54 am

Lissajou generator

For anyone who has followed BobF's Lissajou art topic this may be a surprise. This was made a few years ago, in Synthmaker of course, and looks great.
The display is scaleable to the View area and there is an overall speed control.
The author has created a fixed generator but it would be easy to modify this to taste.
On my system the CPU overhead is low (less than 1%) so it could make a nice logo feature on your next project...

Spogged: nothing

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Psychedelic 02.fsm
(301.86 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 pm

ROM wav player

This enables you to load a whole folder's worth of wav files by loading just one from the folder. It then presents the files in a nice table with a scroll bar to use if there are lots of files. There is a basic player with MIDI and on-screen keyboard to enable you to play the file you select from the table. The player is monophonic, based on the MIDI Prim used.
What I find really neat is that all the wavs are automatically stored into a wave array ("ROM") so when you save the project all the wavs are saved in place.

Spogged: The original had some rather dodgy kick samples pre-loaded. I loaded a large folder of samples I'm preparing for my Q-50 project which is why the zip is 20 megs.
This is just screaming out to be developed into a full-blown instrument but I resisted changing or adding anything myself. I think the idea was to demo the "ROM" loader and this is the real gem I believe.

Author: Loopeytunes, Trogluddite and others.

Cheers

Spogg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ho25mv5dno8zr ... h.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Spogg on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Dropshadow

Maybe I'm easily impressed but I do think this is very clever. Inside the demo module you'll find a dropshadow module which does just that. Could make a big difference to a flat-looking GUI.

Spogged:
There was no Properties view on the module so I enabled it and arranged the layout.
The author has put a comment in "To Do" which relates to the shadow colour but this was the only version I found. Looking at the schematic I don't think it should be too tricky to do this but I resisted.

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Dropshadow.fsm
(6.63 KiB) Downloaded 1270 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Lissajou with sound

I found another Lissajou generator! This one has the idea of using the left and right channels to create the sound which then displays. Deja Vue?

Spogged: Nothing

Author: Trog Luddite

Cheers

Spogg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pqt1i2fuouo3 ... 0.zip?dl=0
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples